Direct Support Professional-West St. Paul/male staff
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Shifts available: M-W 11:30a-6:30p, M-TH 2p-6p Sat. 12p-8p
Childcare is now available for all full-time Bridges MN
Overview: Bridges MN is hiring Direct Care Staff to oversee the
day to day operations of our adult sites in West St. Paul, MN which
serves individuals with disabilities.
The role of the Direct Support Professional is to help
individuals live in their own homes, identify and achieve goals,
and improve the quality of their lives. The Direct Support
Professional is responsible for providing personal care and
designated health-related services designed to maintain the clients
physical and emotional well-being for those clients living at
This shifts not negotiable to be changed.
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 4-11pm
- Administer medications and give reminders to clients as
required according to the Medication Administration Record (MAR)
and as delegated by the RN.
- Follow policy for administering medications PRN standing
- Follow policy and procedure for narcotic administration and
- Follow policy and procedure for medication administration when
a client is leaving the building.
- Follows policy and procedures when receiving new or changed
- Reorder medications and supplies weekly, or as needed.
- Understand standard precautions used for infection control and
adhere to them.
- Other medication administration duties as assigned by RN.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living as indicated on
their individual service agreement (including, but not limited to
dressing, showering, grooming, toilet assistance and
- Assist clients with daily room order and light
- Assist clients with personal laundry duties, which may include
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment.
- Promote independence, not dependence, with clients offering
choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Document any changes in clients condition in the client chart
and communication log. Report these changes to the Residential
- Completes incident reports according to policy.
- Understands procedures regarding home care tasks and charting
procedures when performing these tasks.
- Recognizing abnormal signs and symptoms, or changes in clients
- Documenting duties completed with clients on the service
delivery record during each shift.
- Filing papers in clients charts as needed.
- Signing Medication Administration Records (MARs) monthly.
- Reviewing and signing all new clients plan of care/ weekly
service record and changes in current clients plan of care.
- Reading the communication book and checking employee mailbox
before the start of each shift.
- Checking outgoing US mailbox, collecting US mail delivered and
distributing US mail and in-house mail to the clients.
- Other documentation as assigned and/ or needed.
- Understand and adhere to the Vulnerable Adult and abuse policy,
Bill of Rights and HIPPA.
- Works to assure facility is in compliance with federal, state
and local standards and regulations.
- Complete mandatory online annual trainings modules -assigned
and due monthly.
- Be up to date with completing mantoux tests and chest x-rays
(if needed- based upon site).
- Encourage, gather and/ or escort clients to participate in
scheduled activity programs.
- Lead activity programs as assigned.
- Socialize with clients and incorporate new ideas and client
suggestions into programming.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with RN,
LPN, RS, and other Bridges MN staff.
- Provide backup to other staff as needed to ensure 24 hours
- Communicate information regarding clients care needs and
changes to the team and families.
- Provide proactive and constructive participation in staff
- Be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire, weather or
- Follow through promptly on requested duties.
- Assisted kitchen staff at meal times with set up, serving and
- Provide on-the-job training for new associates.
- Must be mature and emotionally stable using a calm and kind
tone of voice.
- The ability to remain calm in difficult or unusual
- Support the mission and values of Bridges MN.
Required Skills and Experience: (Minimum requirements in terms
of educational background, work experience, licenses/certifications
or other knowledge, skills, and abilities.)
- High school diploma/ GED required
- Must have a valid drivers license, if driving is required.
- Ability to pass a background check with the Department of
Health and Human Services
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- No more than two minor moving violations in the past 3
- No major violations (DUI, Careless, Reckless, Serious Speed,
Driving While License Suspended, etc) in the past 5 years
- Compassionate about the care and well-being of others
- Prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Possess skills to communicate effectively with clients,
families, staff and other customers.
- Possess the ability to read, write and comprehend simple
instructions, correspondence and documentation, including medical
terminology, in English.
- Be punctual with a good attendance record.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
Additional Skills and Experience: (Preferred or Helpful)
Why work for us?
Bridges MN strive to create a culture of serving our residents
with the utmost excellence of care.
PTO, 401K and profit sharing as well as medical/dental/vision
(for FT employees).
Our purpose is to improve the lives of disabled individuals by
creating opportunities for more independence in their homes and
jobs. With our exceptional staff, valued partners and government
agencies, Bridges provides a solid foundation in supporting
personal growth and positive experiences. To accomplish our
mission, Bridges engages in a process of discovering individual
needs as well as individual dreams. We want to ensure informed
choice and person centered planning in helping to design innovative
service models for individuals no matter the level of need. In
short, we live to help and improve the lives of our residents. We
want our staff to emulate this motto.
Bridges MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with
federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants
are considered for all positions without regard to race, color,
protected genetic information, sex, parental status, national
origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or
Keywords: BridgesMN, St. Paul , Direct Support Professional-West St. Paul/male staff, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!