Manager, Regional Fundraising
Company: American Public Media
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Who We Are:
The mission of American Public Media Group (APMG) is to enrich
the mind and nourish the spirit, thereby enhancing the lives and
expanding the perspectives of our audiences and assisting them in
strengthening their communities. We aspire to be the leader in
creating trusted and meaningful listening experiences with and for
curious people, and we seek to create a diverse, inclusive culture
focused on growth and outcomes to serve our audiences.
APMG's primary operating divisions Minnesota Public Radio,
Southern California Public Radio and American Public Media offer
multi-regional FM broadcast channels, website, mobile and social
media channels, live events, national content creation and
distribution. Together, these divisions operate 49 public radio
stations and 42 translators serving regional audiences in eight
states from Minnesota, Michigan and the Upper Midwest to Idaho and
California; distribute a portfolio of more than twenty national
programs reaching nearly 20MM listeners weekly through 1,000 radio
stations; serve rapidly growing audiences on digital, social and
mobile platforms; and produce an increasing and diverse array of
podcasts featuring the best in food, culture, entertainment, mental
health, water, early brain development, business and investigative
The Manager, Regional Fundraising is responsible for the
strategic planning and management of fundraising programs for
members of MPR and its three services: MPR News, The Current, and
YourClassical MPR. This Manager, Regional Fundraising works
collaboratively with the team and cross-functionally to manage the
program through multiple channels:
- direct mail and telemarketing
This position focuses on acquisition of new members, retention
and upgrades of current members, and continued member file and
revenue growth year over year, leveraging audience information and
insights and operational efficiency. This position supervises the
work of the Regional Fundraising Program Manager, Regional
Fundraising Specialist, and Project Specialist, Regional
Fundraising and is responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned
member and revenue goals within the budget.
This position is a part of the MPR Membership team, based in St.
Compensation: $64,300-$96,300 annually. Exact salary determined
by experience and education related to the role, organizational
compensation structure and internal equity.
Application Deadline: May 21, 2021
- Lead strategic planning for integrated, multi-channel
fundraising campaigns to meet or exceed annual revenue and donor
- Work collaboratively with Mid-Level Giving Manager and digital
lead to create a cohesive and comprehensive Membership program that
grows membership - both the member number and revenue.
- Lead collaboration with other internal departments to ensure
success of campaigns, including content, marketing, digital, events
- Ensure consistent messaging across platforms including
fundraising scripts, promotions, emails, posts and other materials
to support campaigns.
- Work with Research, Marketing, Content and other teams as
necessary to conduct ongoing evaluation of audience needs,
preferences and trends, incorporating learning in campaigns and
creating structures to evaluate success.
- Supervise and direct a staff of three to execute, monitor and
consistently improve programs in the designated channels. Provide
professional support and training to direct reports.
- With the Membership Leaders, develop and track goals by channel
and campaign for the Membership program, including both revenue and
number of contributors. Work with Director, Regional Membership to
create budgets and department goals.
- Keep informed on fundraising trends outside the organization
and report on successes (and failures) of efforts by other media
organizations and non-profits. Keep current with best practices and
innovations in fundraising, CRM and digital communications as they
apply to AMPG's work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-7 years' experience in nonprofit fundraising or experience in
managing and/or executing email, social media, and paid digital
marketing or fundraising.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated track record of success in building Membership
programs both in traditional and emerging platforms.
- Demonstrated track record in meeting financial goals and
developing strategies to maximize resources across platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to, and prior success in, leading on-air
fund drives including evaluations, timelines, budgets and
- Demonstrated ability to manage events or other large-scale
deadline dependent projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital platforms including email and
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills; ability
to produce extensive written documents including fundraising
scripts, emails, goal tracking, analytics and budgets.
Well-developed collaboration skills to work with cross-functional
- Able to function productively in a fast-paced high-pressure
environment, work independently and collaboratively, and accept
direction. High energy, positive attitude, and a demonstrated
ability to deliver results on-time and on-budget.
- Leadership qualities of presence, confidence, judgment and
integrity to command the respect and response of colleagues and
executive personnel. Ability to consistently set a positive and
collaborative tone for the project team.
- Must have the desire and ability to successfully work as a part
of a team, contributing to the overall quality, productivity and
morale of the Membership department
- Must be open to working evenings and weekends as needed
(specifically during fund drives)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of or experience in radio/audio production.
- Knowledge of or experience in digital production.
- Knowledge of or experience in structured customer research and
- Knowledge of Public Media fundraising practices.
Reporting to This Position: Regional Fundraising Program
Manager, Regional Fundraising Specialist, and Project Specialist,
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position
with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for
extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals
and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
Keywords: American Public Media, St. Paul , Manager, Regional Fundraising, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!