Company: Fairview Health Services
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Produces employee's schedules and adjusts schedules after
posting, including filling open shifts by utilizing staffing grids
in compliance with hospital policies, the department budget and
staffing plan. Matches daily staffing to current demand to ensure
the staff are present to provide safe staff-to-patient ratios or to
meet staffing requirements. Serves as timekeeper for the electronic
time and attendance system.
Works with nursing management to ensure appropriate staffing
levels are maintained throughout the process. Utilizes Lean
methodology to continuously improve the work.
- 0.8 FTE (64 hours every two weeks)
- Benefit Eligible
- Day/Evening shift
- 8 hour shifts
- Every Other weekend rotation
The primary hours for this posiiton will be:
- Produces and maintains 4-week employee schedules as set by
policy, union contract, and department guidelines. Ensures that
schedules are timely, free from error and align available resources
to support the front line staff.
- Approves and processes time off requests, shift exchanges, and
holiday schedules while ensuring accurate data entry in scheduling
system to include all proactive scheduling adjustments (schedule
changes and extra shifts).
- Reviews staffing levels on an ongoing basis and communicates
staffing needs to employees and works to fill vacant shifts.
Proactively adjusts daily staffing by recruiting for, calling in,
canceling or floating employees based on unit volume, acuity and
needs based unexpected absences or remaining open shifts.
- Reviews scheduled staff with Charge Nurses, Administrative
Nursing Supervisors and/or Nursing Managers (as appropriate) on a
shift by shift basis to ensure skill level is adequate for patient
care needs. Provides staffing report to Administrative Nursing
Supervisor regarding census and staff needed for the next shifts
all within the proper policy and contract guidelines.
- Provides prompt customer service to staff contacting the
staffing office including phone calls, emails, in person visits and
any other form of messaging.
- Reviews, updates and approves employees timekeeping records
(E-time) in Kronos and scheduling system per policy, including
timecard corrections and reconciliation.
- Tracks and reports departmental data including attendance
records, employee data and records and skill level information on
all supported personnel (i.e. level III, charge nurse skill,
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements
that results in improved processes, procedures and practices to
achieve high quality of outputs and efficiency of process.
Participates in department and system quality improvement projects
Organization Expectations, as applicable:
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting
approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences
of population served
- Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making.
- Communicates in a respective manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population
- Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning
needs of patient/care giver.
- Fulfills all organizational requirements
- Completes all required learning relevant to the role
Complies with and maintains knowledge of all relevant laws,
regulation, policies, procedures and standards.
- Fosters a culture of improvement, efficiency and innovative
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate (2 year) degree in business or healthcare-related
area, OR High School diploma/GED and equivalent experience
- One to three years of staffing experience in a health care
- High level of communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use PC, network applications and staffing software
- Ability to organize details
- Ability to work independently and multi-task while providing
excellent customer service to all levels of staff, outside agencies
Keywords: Fairview Health Services, St. Paul , Staffing Advisor, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!