Chief Financial Officer
Company: Scanlan International
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 6, 2021
POSITION / JOB SUMMARY:
This position reports to the President/CEO and has primary
responsibility for the overall financial strategy, planning and
accounting practice of the Scanlan Group. This is a key strategic
leadership role and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) must be able
to quickly build strong relationships with executive leadership
including the President/CEO and COO. Responsibilities will include
the development of business and financial strategies to continue
our success in the design and manufacturing of premium surgical
The CFO will be responsible to ensure that proper financial
operating controls are in place to effectively manage the finance,
accounting and credit functions and staff. This includes the
financial management and oversight and establishment of financial
policies and procedures, fiscal controls and standards, preparing
and interpreting financial reports, and directing the accounting,
treasury, financial reporting, auditing, and financial management
of the organization's finances for global operations.
This role will also lead and/or support project teams to achieve
overall management and establishment of financial objectives using
modeling analysis and forecasts for a variety of business units and
functions (including sales, marketing, product research and
development, manufacturing, etc.). This position is responsible for
leading investigative and intricate financial problem solving,
requiring strong business acumen, and, with the ability to
understand and communicate business objectives in financial terms
at all levels, anticipate business needs and evaluate trends.
Responsibilities include providing financial support and
expertise in the financial management of business related
processes, programs, systems objectives and projects as directed by
the President/CEO and COO.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Responsible for working closely with the President/CEO and COO
to ensure strategic planning initiatives including the development
and review of business management systems, growth initiatives
(acquisition, integration, investments, etc.), Asset Management,
Financial Alternatives, Information Systems, and Manufacturing
- Provide work direction, leadership and development to the
finance and accounting staff.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of general ledger
files and journal entries, report financial data in a complete,
timely and accurate manner ensuring accuracy of data. Ensure
preparation of Balance Sheets and Income Statements, financial
analysis of reports, and communication to executive management for
all Scanlan Group companies.
- Develop monthly geographic sales and profitability reporting
analyses by product and business line. Develop sales analytics and
tracking for commissions, incentives, and opportunities.
- Provide leadership to support Company financial objectives
through participation on various project teams as requested by
President/CEO or COO.
- Sales and Marketing Support through collaboration with sales
and marketing management to develop a 5-year strategic plan and
2-year rolling forecast by region, territory, and business
- Perform ROI and incremental pricing analyses to support R&D
and other proposals as needed. Develop and launch new product
planning and forecasting process.
- Perform other analyses as assigned (e.g. international
expansion, variable pricing, and product recalls).
- Provide Manufacturing Analytics and Support, ensure analyses
and provide recommendations regarding inventory and production
costs including material usage variances to standard, downtime, and
indirect time utilization. Analyze customer unit pricing and make
recommendations to improve profitability.
- Participate and advise in the development and review of
financial management systems.
- Bachelor's Degree (finance, accounting, business) or equivalent
years of relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of experience leading finance or operations in the
management/supervision of an accounting area/department and
- A strong understanding of current financial and accounting
standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of internal financial controls and systems.
- Ability to build team relationships, business partnerships and
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to
effectively work with others across the organization.
- Strong business and financial acumen with ability to execute
detailed financial plans and programs to improve business reporting
analysis, and production planning systems.
- MS Office (Advanced Excel, Word, Access), proprietary and
legacy systems skills and experience.
- MBA (Finance, Accounting, or Business) preferred.
- CPA certification is preferred but not required.
- International reporting, knowledge of how to consolidate
foreign currencies, and work with (OUS) auditors preferred.
- Preferred experience with global, medtech or high tech
manufacturing and distribution of products.
- Tax planning experience (personal, corporate, global).
- Company specific experience working with Scanlan Group.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is
regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate,
handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, manufacturing equipment
and office equipment. The associate frequently is required to talk
and hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are
representative of those an associate encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is
Keywords: Scanlan International, St. Paul , Chief Financial Officer, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!