Company: Scanlan International
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 6, 2021
POSITION / JOB SUMMARY:
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Sales
department with sales functions, processing incoming/outgoing
correspondence, assisting outside Sales associates with requests,
assisting distributors/independent reps and end-user/direct
customers with sales functions, monitoring files, data entry,
filing, processing quotation, pro forma, cross reference and custom
instrument requests, processing literature and sample requests,
researching, entering, proofing and processing sales leads,
assisting with hospitality for guests, backing up Sales Operations
associates as directed.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Assist with any administrative aspects of business and any
- Type correspondence (faxes, letters, e-mails, etc.), proofing
or error and grammar.
- Process correspondence accordingly (i.e. fax, e-mails, mail,
- Check and process incoming e-mails/faxes/mail daily.
- Forward copies of evaluations and large orders on a daily
basis, as designated.
- Monitor and assist or forward e-mails received from the
sales@scanlangroup email address to appropriate person.
- Mail, e-mail/scan and/or fax correspondence to
- File documentation and correspondence/information weekly or
more often if needed.
- Coordinate annual turnover of documentation for department and
monitor/maintain warehoused documents.
- Keep outside sales associates informed of incoming faxes or
other information via phone, fax or e-mail on a daily basis or as
- Miscellaneous typing and duties as needed.
- Send packages monthly (or more often if required) to outside
Sales associates and track receipt.
- Assist with data entry for Travel Schedule and the Open IR
- Assist with ordering Scanlan business cards for sales
associates, distributors and independent reps as needed.
FIELD TRIP REPORTS AND OPPS MAPS:
- Receive, record, and distribute field trip reports and
opportunity maps for outside Sales associates.
- Maintain all relevant information logs and files for field trip
reports and opportunity maps as appropriate.
PROCESS PRICING REQUEST / QUOTES AND PRO FORMA INVOICES:
- Review and process product requests received by
non-distributors, including obtaining needed approvals, processing
pro forms, coordinating order processing and processing commission
credits if appropriate.
- Process quotations for distributors/independent reps requesting
- Process custom quotations working with the Instrument
Department, Distributor and Customer.
- Create sales history reports as requested and provide pricing
to customers based on results.
CROSS REFERENCE REQUESTS:
- Work in conjunction with Instrument Department for
cross-references and Customer Service Department for formal
quotations/pro forma invoices as needed.
- Forward information as requested with copies to appropriate
Sales and Marketing associates.
- Work with Instrumentation and requestor to provide purchasing
information on custom instrument requests (including details on
which the end-user is for each request).
SAMPLE AND LITERATURE REQUESTS:
- Process any literature or sample requests received. Sending the
necessary correspondence and copies to appropriate people.
- Log all sample and literature requests in the appropriate
PROCESS SALES PROGRAM REQUESTS:
- Process sales program requests (i.e. Surg-I-Band carousel,
exchange programs, etc) as needed and maintain log of program
- Research leads from meetings via the internet or appropriate
- Enter incoming leads from meetings and other requests as
appropriate, into database.
- Proof and forward leads to appropriate distributor/independent
rep and copy appropriate Sales and Marketing associates.
- Confirm receipt of leads with distributor/independent rep.
- Forward leads where we do not have a distributor/independent
rep assigned to the Sales Manager for the territory.
- Processing letters/follow up emails to the leads and any
related sample/literature requests.
- Follow up directly on meeting leads for areas where Scanlan
does not have a distributor.
- Maintain checklists and files for each meeting.
- Assist and manage leads that are direct territories.
- Work with Marketing to coordinate scheduling of
- Coordinate the registration of distributor/rep attendees for
education workshops (initial and advanced).
- Work with Operations to prepare for any hospitality needs for
- Coordinate the pre and post education needs.
- Upon request, prepare, obtain approval and provide
authorization letters to distributors. File in electronic and hard
- Assist with legalization of authorization letters to include
notarization, apostille, etc. as required by distributor.
- Assist with specific requests from outside Sales associates
with information or assistance with distributors and independent
- Assist with hospitality for guests visiting the Scanlan
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Review processes for improvement and notify Sales Operations
Manager of any suggested changes that will increase efficiencies in
- Two + years business school or related relevant
- Experience in working in a Sales Operations/Administration
Support position for 2 + years.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required.
- Word processor, spreadsheet skills, typing, adding machine and
- Filing skills .
- Word processing or typing requires majority of time.
- Customer Service experience including clerical duties, i.e.
typing and filing.
- Working with customer requests and sales reps in the
- Experience with technical/business writing and good
- Experience with Access or other database.
- International experience .
Success Factors / Abilities:
- Requires four to six months to reach adequate performance
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is
regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate,
handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, manufacturing equipment
and office equipment. The Associate frequently is required to talk
and hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are
representative of those an associate encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is
Keywords: Scanlan International, St. Paul , Sales Coordinator, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!