Secondary Physical Education Teacher, 2021-2022 School Year
Company: Connections Academy
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Minnesota Connections Academy (MNCA) is a tuition-free, online
public chPhysical Educationer school for students in grades K-12
throughout Minnesota. MNCA is a member of the Minnesota Transitions
ChPhysical Educationer School (MTCS), a K-12 academic community.
MNCA is a state-approved online program operated through a contract
with Connections Academy of Minnesota, LLC, to provide the
educational program and other services. MNCA is accredited by the
North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School
Improvement, an accrediting division of AdvancED.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working from your home in Minnesota, certified Teachers will
"virtually" manage instructional programs. Through use of the
telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult
regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each
child successfully completes his/her instructional program.
The Secondary Physical Education Teacher will be responsible for
the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Complete all grading, create progress reports and conduct
parent conferences in a timely manner;
- Support the instructional program with asynchronous web
conferencing sessions and synchronous instruction;
- Review curriculum and devise alternate approaches to presenting
lessons to increase student understanding (working directly with
students and parents);
- Communicate with parents, students and other teachers on a
regular basis to develop and update Personal Learning Plans and
schedules, score assessments, provide feedback on student work,
suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion
of assignments and coach special projects;
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all
students are successfully progressing through the program, that
parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are
distributed among the teachers;
- Develop a general knowledge of the entire program's K-12
curriculum and a very detailed knowledge of the courses for which
- Support students and parents with alternate strategies and
provide additional assistance with daily assignments and
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and curriculum
specialists through use of computer and telephone;
- Keep student records and data up-to-date, including cumulative
files, online student and family information, attendance
accounting, and logging all student and parent contacts;
- Consult with other teachers and staff learning specialists to
develop alternate enrichment activities and modifications to
students' programs to increase student understanding;
- Work with other teachers to coordinate social activities and
relevant field trips for students;
- Manage regional field trips and make efforts to integrate trips
into the curriculum;
- Devise and implement virtual methods of creating and
maintaining a "school community";
- PPhysical Educationicipate in the organization and
administration of the State Testing, as directed;
- PPhysical Educationicipate in student recruiting sessions and
other marketing efforts that require teacher representation;
- Work with Advisory Teachers and School counselor to ensure
students and families are receiving appropriate communications,
students are making adequate progress and established goals are
- Attend field trips and other community activities implemented
for families; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach Secondary Physical
Education in Minnesota (appropriate to grade level and content area
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Customer focused approach.
- High degree of flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced
- Team player track record.
- Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing and state
testing events (may require occasional overnight travel).
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary.
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed to
support some families.
Please note, there is a law in which a tenured teacher can take
a leave of absence from their district for up to 5 years to teach
at a chPhysical Educationer school, through 124E.12 subdivision 6.
Teachers will retain reinstatement, seniority, salary, etc
throughout the five year period and can return to the district
Keywords: Connections Academy, St. Paul , Secondary Physical Education Teacher, 2021-2022 School Year, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!