Ready to Learn Intern
Company: Twin Cities Public Television
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 6, 2021
READY TO LEARN INTERNSHIP
Twin Cities PBS is offering a unique internship experience that
will last 3-4 months and is approximately 15-20 hours per week.
This position will provide hands-on learning experiences for a new
upcoming children's television show and related transmedia
resources developed by TPT's Ready to Learn team, and is only
eligible to those currently enrolled as a student.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Ready to Learn supports millions of children with early learning
skills to succeed in school. This intern will primarily work and
learn with the Ready to Learn Child Development & Education
Manager. The intern will assist in developing educational
television curriculum for K-2nd grade children. The intern will
participate in interdisciplinary team pre-production meetings.
Additionally, there will be educational activities and resource
creation, as well as engaging in research/literature reviews.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled as a student.
- Interest in pursuing a career in elementary education,
educational research, or children's media production.
- Experience working with young children (e.g. ages 4-8).
- Experience with creating lit reviews of current research trends
in early childhood education.
- Exceptional computer application skills including Microsoft
Office 2010 products and databases.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and time
- Consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to navigate projects with ambiguity and prioritize work
- Ability to effectively use search engines to mine the internet
for data and information.
- Able to work at a computer for extended lengths of time.
To learn more or to apply, please go to
TPT.org/careers/job-openings and click the "Apply for Jobs" button.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the
application or recruiting process, please send a request to
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal
Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer, and are
committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
ABOUT TPT: Founded in 1957, Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is one of the
most innovative public media organizations in the country. Every
day, TPT uses the power of media to advance the arts, spur
learning, help young people succeed and help adults age vitally.
Click here to learn more about what we do.
Keywords: Twin Cities Public Television, St. Paul , Ready to Learn Intern, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!