Sr. Certification Engineer
Company: Ergotron, Inc.
Location: saint paul
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Certification Engineers are responsible for product
certification and compliance to applicable safety standards for all
Ergotron products. They coordinate electrical and mechanical system
certification with outside laboratories, customers and other
resources at Nationally Recognized Test Labs. Both domestic and
international certifications are in their scope. Certification
Engineers aid in design and development of electrical and
mechanical components and equipment for Ergotron products to ensure
they will comply with all applicable standards. Certification
Engineers communicate with customers, Management, Engineering,
Legal, and other business partners on matters pertaining to product
certification. They will host on-site and virtual audits as needed
to support these areas.
- Coordinate agency certification of electrical systems during
new product development.
- Keep informed of all safety and environmental standards
applicable to Ergotron products.
- Aid in developing Ergotron policies and test practices
pertaining to these new standards
- Participate in industry standards committees involved in
developing policies and standards
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction,
installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing
activities to ensure compliance with specifications, safety codes,
and customer requirements.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to
ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and
compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
and work with suppliers to specify, quantify and procure
- Supports "Lean Business Enterprise" initiatives for continuous
process improvement and waste elimination.
- Some travel as needed to coordinate certification testing and
new product qualifications.
- Additional duties as requested.
(Knowledge and Experience):
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent work
- 5+ years of experience with technical project management
- Experience with UL, CE, TUV SUD, TUV Rheinland, Intertek
certifications; both domestic and international
- Experience with EMC testing of electrical products
- Familiarity with industry standards including:
o UL/IEC 60601-1 Medical Electrical Equipment standard
o UL/IEC 60950-1 Information Technology Equipment standard
o UL/IEC 62368-1 A/V, Information and Communication Technology
o UL1678 Carts and Stands
o UL 2442 Wall Mounts
o U962 Household and Commercial Furnishings
- Experience with power systems
- Familiarity with mechanical design
- Willingness to work on both future design concepts as well as
current problem resolution
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and
external resources. Well-developed written/verbal communication
skills. Strong interpersonal relations and team skills
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job as
described for the position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, PowerPoint and
Outlook), Oracle, Salesforce and company owned websites.
- Being able to solve complex problems within a passion-filled
environment is rewarded by a comprehensive and competitive benefits
package, allowing for work and life balance.
ONE Core Values:
- Continuous Improvement - Always design a better
- Customer Obsessed - Our reputation rests with our customer's
- Innovation - Unearth insights to think anew.
- Integrity - Do the right thing. Treat others with respect.
- Openness - Open to ideas and feedback. Act with transparency.
Trust one another.
- Ownership - Own your role and act when ownership is
Ergotron is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
Keywords: Ergotron, Inc., St. Paul , Sr. Certification Engineer, Other , saint paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!