Group Leader, Building Services
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Group Leader, Building Services
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we
serve. In Abbott's Heart Failure division, we're advancing the
treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough
medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure,
allowing people to restore their health and get on with their
We are looking for a Group Leader, Building Services in our St.
Paul location. This person watches the work activities of
janitorial and pest control personnel in commercial and industrial
establishments to Abbott Quality standards. Inspect work and
investigate complaints regarding janitorial and pest control
services and takes corrective action. Trains new Abbott employees
and contract cleaning employees to departmental procedures.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Help's supervisor coordinates and schedules activities of all
workers engaged in janitorial services.
- Lead, organize and review the work of staff in the area of work
- Coordinates and manages janitorial and pest control staff to
procedures and weekend coverage including special projects.
- Schedules and coordinates all special Clean Room cleaning
outside of scheduled activities to comply with Quality Plans for
all Clean Rooms.
- Inspects work performed to ensure conformance to specifications
and established standards (internally and externally).
- Trains workers in janitorial methods and procedures and proper
operation of equipment.
- Purchases, inventories and issues janitorial supplies and
equipment to workers to ensure quality and timely delivery of
- Help's supervisor with staff to resolve production and
- Coordinates and implements all waste removal and recycling
activities. Recommends and implements container/compactor additions
or deletions, recycling containers/location and service.
- Coordinates all pest control activities and ensures that all
pest control log books are completed properly and the pest control
technicians are trained to our procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- The ability to travel as needed to other St. Paul
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Understand methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial
- Understand methods and techniques of inspection and
documentation related to the continued cleanliness of
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals
and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to
build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to
effectively communicate at multiple levels in the
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, St. Paul , Group Leader, Building Services, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!