Location: saint paul
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Careers that Change Lives
We believe that when people from different cultures, genders, and
points of view come together, innovation is the result and everyone
wins. Medtronic walks the walk, creating an inclusive culture where
you can thrive.
A Day in the Life
This position will support product and materials development for
new and released product, ensuring product safety and reliability
through the direction and execution of characterization testing.
This will include providing problem solving, materials laboratory
testing and data analysis in support of new and existing
implantable biomedical devices and systems. Biocompatibility and
biostability testing, as well as documenting product equivalence
through appropriate characterization testing will also be
You can grow your career with us; we hope youll consider joining
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may
- Conduct laboratory testing and write technical reports to
document device/component compliance with necessary regulations and
materials characterization requirements.
- Work in a regulated environment.
- Support regulatory submissions with technical
rationales/documentation on an as needed basis.
- Communicate results and strategies via detailed technical
documents and presentations.
- Support the quality and reliability of released product through
comparative testing or root cause characterization testing.
- Participate in the analysis of technical issues and the
development of recommendations for project decisions and
- Analyzes, researches, designs and develops materials and their
related fabrication and application processes to develop and
optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or
application in structures, systems and subsystems.
- Applies principles of chemistry, physics, and material behavior
to develop metallic, non-metallic and composite material and
processing specifications, fabrication and assembly processes.
- Develops, analyzes and applies material properties and design
allowables, processing processes and quality engineering
- Material analyses may include failure analysis of components,
systems and subsystems, life predictions, and definition and
- May review and approve subcontractor material processing
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- 0 years of experience required
Nice to Have
- Relevant experience with a bachelors degree in chemistry,
material science, chemical engineering, polymer science, or related
- Experience in regulatory and device regulations for medical
devices including biocompatibility and regulated materials.
- Experience developing a medical device, including materials
characterization, biocompatibility and biostability.
- Problem solving skills to identify root cause of materials
related issues and ability to recommend mitigation strategies.
- Awareness of biocompatibility testing in accordance with ISO
- Knowledge of external standards, e.g., ASTM and ISO and their
use, limitations, and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality technical work within
project schedules and timelines.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and Design of Experiments
(DoE) using Minitab.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word,
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we
push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do
to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We
challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than
yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create
meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right
people on our team. Lets work together to address universal
healthcare needs and improve patients lives. Help us shape the
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities
section of this job description are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and
communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or
local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical
requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States
- Posting Date: Feb 19, 2021
- Travel: No
Keywords: Medtronic, St. Paul , Material Engineer, Other , saint paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!