Company: Bay West, LLC
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 3, 2021
For over 46 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized
by our clients nationwide for delivering impactful environmental
solutions with industry-leading safety. It starts with the
high-quality talent of our people. Bay West strives to be a "Best
Place to Work" and "Best Value Solution Provider" with our unique
mix of expertise & strong tenured employees in the following
services: Environmental Consulting, Engineering, Emergency
Response, and Waste Management for a mixed client portfolio of
Federal, State, Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain our
vehicular fleet that helps us protect the public and the
environment from this contamination. Many of Bay West's clients are
responsible for soil and groundwater contamination.
Bay West is looking for a full time fleet/shop technician.
Typical work week is Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30
p.m. All tools, PPE and uniforms are provided.
- 40% - Maintain and repair vehicle fleet of trucks, cars, vans
and trailers. Conduct DOT inspections.
Including brakes, tune ups, suspension, diagnostics,
preventative maintenance services
- 30% - Maintain and repair equipment to include, pumps, pressure
washers, generators, air compressors and other assorted
- 15% - Facility Maintenance includes changing light bulbs,
electrical switches/outlets and faucet repair
- 15% - Helping field staff mobilize/demobilize, cleaning up the
shop, driving to store for supplies, dropping off/picking up
- Clear documentation of all service activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Training, Knowledge & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a minimum 2 years of automotive repair experience,
completion of Vocational-Technical School program in a related
field or demonstrated skills via third party
- ASE Certified or Dealer equivalent
- DOT Inspector Certification or ability to get within 1 year of
- Strong mechanical aptitude with attentional to detail
- Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships a must
Essential Physical & Intellectual requirements:
- Frequent standing, walking, lifting, carrying, bending, and
- Repetitive motions: substantial movements (motions) of the
wrists, hands and/or fingers (including reaching)
- Work environment can include high heat, high humidity, and
- Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds; occasionally lifts up to 50
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Possesses analytical problem-solving skills
Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the
value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an
Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin Employer
Keywords: Bay West, LLC, St. Paul , Fleet/Shop Technician, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!