ACT Vocational Specialist
Company: Mental Health Resources Inc
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Full Time Minneapolis, MN, US Mental Health Resources, Inc.
Fostering hope, health and recovery for those affected by mental
illness and substance use disorder.
See what employees have to say about working at MHR!
Mental Health Resources, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We embrace diversity,
inclusion, and employees who reflect the population we serve. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
MENTAL HEALTH VOCATIONAL SPECIALIST - HENNEPIN COUNTY ASSERTIVE
COMMUNITY TREATMENT (ACT) TEAM
Pay starting at $42,742/year (adjusted based on
education/experience) + mileage reimbursement
Position Purpose: This position is responsible to provide a full
range of supported employment services to clients using the
Individual Placement and Support Model and to educate ACT team
members about supported employment. In addition, having
responsibility to carry out rehabilitation and support functions
and assist in treatment, education, support, and consultation to
families; and crisis intervention in consultation with the
multi-disciplinary team. In addition, this position engages clients
and establishes trusting collaborative relationships directed
toward the goal of competitive employment in community job settings
with other workers without psychiatric disabilities.
A few responsibilities of this position include:
1. Assesses clients' vocational functioning on an ongoing basis
utilizing background information and work experiences.
2. Assist clients in obtaining information about their benefits
(e.g., SSI, Medicaid, etc.) and how they will be affected by
employment in order for clients to make good decisions about
employment opportunities. Helps clients to access benefits
counseling when making changes in work hours and pay.
3. Contacts and establishes relationships with employers to develop
job leads for clients; assists clients to develop job-related
skills, such as job search, resume writing, completing job
applications, interviewing and communication with employers.
4. Working as a team with other ACT Team members, in concert with
each client to develop an individualized plan of services and
supports (Individual Treatment Plan) that will enable each client
to live as independently in the community as possible. Services and
supports might include activities such as assisting with skill
development in the following areas: budgeting, housing,
transportation, hygiene appointments, relationship building,
symptom management, medication administration and obtaining or
5. To the extent requested by the client, provide collaboration and
education to significant others and family members who are
interested in assisting the client in their recovery process.
6. Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and trainings
7. Assure that all MHR documentation is completed on time and
within MR policies and procedures
8. Chart maintenance - ensure chart information is up-to-date (i.e.
ROIs, profile extension, status changes, contacts, etc.)
Minimum Education and Experience
Baccalaureate degree in social work/psychology or human services
related field with two years case management experience of which at
least one year is experience in supported employment related work
or combination of equivalent experience and training.
A few benefits offered by MHR include:
- Intensive two week initial orientation program AND on-going
in-house training program
- Health insurance (including family health coverage) with
employee costs in the top 6% of most affordable health care
options. Competitive dental insurance.
- Automatic enrollment in retirement plan after 1 year with up to
4.5% employer contribution
- 9 paid holidays and 18 days accrued PTO during your first
- iPhone and laptop computer provided
- Annual performance-based pay increases
- Pay starting at $42,742/year adjusted based on
education/experience + mileage reimbursement
- MHR is committed to working towards racial equity and combating
- MHR is a tobacco free workplace promoting health & wellness for
the individuals we serve and our employees. PI133336297
Keywords: Mental Health Resources Inc, St. Paul , ACT Vocational Specialist, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!