Manufacturing Medical Technologist
Company: American Red Cross
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Job Description: Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that
makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do
you want to have an impact in your community, across the country,
and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you
to become a Manufacturing Technologist II for the American Red
Cross! Manufacturing Technologist II perform advanced
manufacturing, processing, and test procedures. Interpret test
results. Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work
area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to
prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids.
Comply with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
Manufacturing Technologist II also interpret test results before
releasing blood to area hospitals. All tasks are performed in
highly regulated environment. Successful Manufacturing Technologist
II will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus
and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with
compassion at all times. Manufacturing Technologist II -
- Perform and interpret various testing procedures on donor
specimens, and blood products. Repeat tests where appropriate.
- Perform, review, and approve quality control on products,
reagents, equipment, and various test kits. Maintain the required
records and files.
- Know and ensure compliance with applicable ARCBS directives,
Federal and state regulations, and local policies and procedures
pertaining to blood banking and safety. Adhere to quality assurance
procedures and good manufacturing practice.
- May assume supervisory functions for QC processes.
- Perform low - high complexity manufacturing procedures.
- Assist laboratory and regional staff in troubleshooting and
- Participate in the validation of hardware, software,
instrumentation, test kits, and procedures as directed. Assist with
the maintenance, repair, and validation of laboratory
- Perform additional reviews of regulated documents, logs and
forms as directed.
- Perform supervisory review of manufacturing records.
- May be a project lead.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes
weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our hospitals
- Take care of your team members - show up for every shift and
give 100% while you're there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your
co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner
with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and
compassion at all times The aforementioned responsibilities of the
Manufacturing Technologist II position describe the general nature
and level of work and are not an exhaustive list. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in science, MT (ASCP) degree or equivalent
certifications plus satisfactory performance as a Laboratory
Technologist I, or Bachelor's degree in science plus three years'
experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing
environment required. Must meet State and CLIA requirements.
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching,
stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to
lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work
in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time. Apply now!
Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a
difference every day. The American Red Cross is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. The American Red Cross is a
diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional
development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary,
comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit
Keywords: American Red Cross, St. Paul , Manufacturing Medical Technologist, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!