Sustaining/ Test Systems Engineer
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Nextern is hiring for the role of Sustaining/ Test Systems
Engineer. This roles comes with competitive pay and a full benefits
package (details below)
The Sustaining/ Test Systems Engineer will be responsible for
providing electrical and electronic engineering support and
expertise in the design, development, testing and production
support of a wide variety of projects in the field of medical
devices, as part of a multidisciplinary product development and
manufacturing engineering team. This role includes collaborating
with development engineering and production staff.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Works as a key part of the product realization team assisting
in the development of production/verification test equipment and as
a part of operations to maintain and support products in
- Designs production test equipment for a variety of medical
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance
requirements to determine gaps between designs and existing
manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Prepares test system layout, detailed drawings, and schematics
under supervision of senior engineering staff.
- Troubleshoots systems, hardware, and software working
individually and in teams.
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to
propose performance standards for newly designed or modified
- Performs testing, gathers & analyzes test data to determine if
design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Writes, executes and documents equipment specifications,
installation qualifications, operational qualifications, and
- Participates in design reviews, ensuring product designs are
testable, engineering intent is maintained, and risks are
- Works with Quality to resolve PCB/PCBA quality issues.
- Manages component obsolescence/availability issues.
- Assures equipment periodic maintenance is performed on
- Troubleshoots production equipment issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working at Nextern is a better kind of work. We look for people who
can exercise their personal superpowers while living our company
principles. At Nextern, we are all responsible for making a
meaningful impact on day to day patient quality of life. Our unique
energy is unmistakable as we have fun, care about one another, and
build a place we can all grow & produce great work. Come join
Nextern, where we are in it TOGETHER!
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university in
Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in the medical device
- Familiar with production test equipment hardware design
functional test, ICT, flying probe, AOI, x-Ray.
- Oscilloscopes, DAQs, DMMs, and other debugging tools and test
- Experience writing tests/scripts (Python, Labview, C, C#, or
- Experience testing via Bluetooth interfaces is a plus.
- Excellent analytic problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in fast paced environment while juggling
multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong work ethic and professional commitment.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Should have knowledge of Automated Test Management Software
(Preferably NI Teststand); Office.
- Nextern offers excellent benefits to fuel you in building a
fulfilling life & career
- Employer subsidized health insurance for employees
- Employer paid dental insurance
- Employer HSA contribution
- 401k plan with a company match
- 9 paid holidays (including your birthday!) + vacation, personal
and sick days
- Gym membership subsidy
- Employee Long Term Disability, AD&D, and Life
- Modern facilities with lots of natural light, and occasionally,
tacos, because these things are important to productivity!
Keywords: Nextern, St. Paul , Sustaining/ Test Systems Engineer, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!