Anderson Dahlen, Inc. is a market leading contract manufacture
of capital equipment in the Food processing, Pharmaceutical
processing, Industrial process and Vacuum process equipment
markets. We have a long history as a family owned, privately held,
values-based company of approximately 300 employees and growing.
Our team manufactures and distributes products to our customers
worldwide. We are looking to add a motivated individual to our
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Set up and operate several power saws to cut a variety of raw
materials into prescribes shapes and angles in accordance with
drawings, specifications, and bills of materials.
MAJOR AREAS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Provides optimum cooperation and complete information to
Supervisor and other personnel, relative to projects within his/her
assigned group, to ensure on-time and accurate job completion.
• Recommends new methods and procedures to improve efficiency as
apparent or required.
• Works from bill of materials, sketches, specifications, and
instructions from supervisor in setting up cutting machine tools to
cut bar stock, tubing, and angle iron.
• Identifies job flow problems and causes and recommends
corrective action to ensure timely and efficient production
• Sets up and operates all saw equipment.
• Sets machine stops and/or angle settings, loads material and
clamps to secure.
• Uses scales, tapes, calipers, squares, and protractors to
establish piece part shapes and dimensions.
• Uses files, grinders, and sanders to complete deburring
• Performs maintenance such as: replacing broken or
malfunctioning saw blades and keeping coolant levels up.
• Performs tolerance checking and gauging functions to assure
adherence to all drawing specifications and quality standards.
• Sets speed and feed to prolong blade life and ensure proper
• Detects defective materials, unusual conditions or operating
difficulties for reporting and relays information to
• Complies with Company and Department policies and procedures
• Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a team approach
throughout the Department.
• Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
Primarily looking for 2nd Shift
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
• High school education or equivalent including additional
experience in a manufacturing environment.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of saw operating experience.
• Demonstrated shop math skills, knows feed and speed settings,
and can develop or improvise tooling.
• Accurate judgement in operating saws, sets stops, operates
equipment, some decision making involved in selecting proper
• Demonstrated ability to operate the saw skillfully and
• Ability to use a variety of hand tools, power, and cold
• Ability to read blueprints and sketches.
• Demonstrated ability to keep close tolerances
• Ability to make adjustments as necessary to assure accuracy to
• Ability to relate well to others and gain the respect of
• Ability to work independently or with others.
• Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
o 0-20 lbs.- continuously
o 21-50 lbs.- frequently
o 51-100 lbs.- occasionally
o 0-50 lbs.- continuously
o 51-75 lbs.- frequently
o 76-100 lbs.- occasionally
• Bend- 0-33% during a 10 hour shift
• Twist/Turn- 34-66% during a 10 hour shift
• Kneel/Squat- 0-33% during a 10 hour shift
• Sit- Not at all
• Stand/Walk- 67-100 % during a 10 hour shift
• Overhead Reaching- 34-66% during a 10 hour shift
• Ladder/Stair Climb- 34-66% during a 10 hour shift
• Bonus Program
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K with Match
• Profit Sharing Program
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Optional Short-Term Disability
• Employer paid Life Insurance