Assistant Produce Manager FULL-TIME $13.25/hr Responsible for
receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and
refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is
packed out, and proper customer service is provided.
• Ensure proper customer service and works to develop
relationships with large customers.
• Supervises all activities in the produce department including
product placement, rotation, signage, and displays.
• Responsible for overall department appearance, cleanliness,
and adherence to both government and corporate ordinances.
• Must maintain records as required.
• Supervises and works together with Produce Supervisors (if
applicable) and Stockers to assure that the produce
department is operating in a manner that adheres to company
• With the Produce Manager, develops schedules, monitors
performance and recommends the proper discipline as
• Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
• Assists with candidate interviews and recommends for
• Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends
• Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections
to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
• Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
• Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
• Supervises the receiving of all produce and ensures that the
proper paperwork is completed.
• Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having
physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments
• Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
• Supervises the ordering of produce from vendors on a regular
basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due
to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
• Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
• Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the
proper block and date tags.
• Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling
out pallets and cleaning underneath.
• Ensures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked
in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored
• Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly
• Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is
communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking
the system and rack for product.
• Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers
prices are reflected on the product.
• Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical
adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively
merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
• Performs weekly self-audits of the produce department.
REM-04 WS-04 WS-TC WS-LC
Shift start: 9:00 AM
Shift length: 9 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
Paid time off
Must pass drug screen
Can lift 50 lbs
Must be at least 18+ years old
Knowledge of HACCP systems is desirablePrior experience in
produce department including ordering and receiving
productsCreative merchandising skillsAbility to work in a
refrigerated environment (30 degrees) for extended periods of time
At least 4 years experience in customer service
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry
Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for
savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been
supplying independent food businesses with quality products from
large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the
leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by
eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on
the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free