Video Systems Engineer II
Company: Twin Cities Public Television (Tpt)
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Description Video Systems Engineer - II To work at Twin Cities
PBS (TPT) is to be connected, inspired, and supported by the people
you work with and by our communities around us. We are a collection
of storytellers, analysts, planners, and creative minds on a common
mission: to reach and inspire our communities to learn more, see
more, Be more. And, you could be part of this team! Twin Cities PBS
has an immediate opening for a full time Video Systems Engineer -II
to plan, install, configure, maintain and operate a diverse array
of file-based and live-streaming video production, distribution and
database management systems. POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Operate and repair video equipment under the pressure of live
production and events.
- Manage projects to plan, procure, install, configure and test
new video systems.
- Install and diagnose video editing software running on both PC
and Macintosh platforms.
- Diagnose issues in file-based workflows including video, audio
- Configure and troubleshoot sophisticated automated file
- Configure and troubleshoot video compression, multiplex and
- Diagnose and refine content management database applications.
- 10+ years work experience in video systems engineering
including: knowledge of video, audio and captioning file formats;
associated transcoding systems; video streaming compression
systems; as well as PC and Macintosh computing platforms.
- Demonstrated skills in database application development and
- Strong creative technical analytical and problem solving
- Ability to manage projects encompassing hardware, software, and
user systems including professionally document and installing those
- Ability to accurately operate and repair equipment under the
pressure of live production.
- Ability to work collaboratively by creating and maintaining
strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 50 lbs, and work from a
ladder or elevating lift.
- Full color vision acuity is required for precise color matching
of cameras and displays.
- This position requires occasional nights and weekend.
- Bachelor's degree in related technology preferred.
- Basic knowledge of RF broadcast systems preferred.
- SBE certification preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of transmitter experience, preferred.
Additional details about the position:
- This is an IBEW Union Position. Twin Cities PBS is proud to be
an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and
Disability employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable
accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please
send a request to Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Twin Cities Public Television (Tpt), St. Paul , Video Systems Engineer II, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!