Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: October 15, 2020
A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer
locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and
infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of
$13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers
comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized
service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe
environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve
operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the
food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than
170 countries around the world.
Ecolabs Institutional division, serving the restaurant and
hospitality market, is seeking a business focused Data Scientist to
unlock the value in data assets while creating new and unique
offerings for customers. As a data scientist in the Advanced
Analytics organization, you will play a pivotal role in planning,
executing and delivering machine learning-based projects. The bulk
of the work will be in machine learning (ML) modelling, management
and problem analysis, data exploration and preparation, data
collection and integration, as well as operationalization. You will
be a key interface between the advanced analytics team and the
business unit and various other departments (such as IT).
Candidates need to be very much self-driven, curious and
In this role, we are looking for:
- A problem-solving mindset with the ability to understand
business challenges and how to apply your analytics expertise to
- The unique person who can present complex mathematical
solutions in a simple manner that most will understand including
- An individual excited by innovation and new technology and
eager to finds ways to employ these innovations in practice.
- A team mentality empowered by the ability to work with a
diverse set of individuals.
Whats in it For You:
- Opportunity to take on some of the worlds most meaningful
challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food,
abundant energy and healthy environments.
- Ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company
that is passionate about growth.
- Support of an organization that believes it is vital to include
and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our
What you will do:
- Problem Analysis and Project Management.
- Inspire the organization about the business potential and
strategy of artificial intelligence.
- Collaborate across the business to understand IT and business
- Manage data science projects and the corresponding key
performance indicators (KPIs) for success.
- Data Collection and Integration.
- Understand new data sources and process pipelines and
- Acquire access to various databases and other sources systems
such as SQL or graph databases.
- Create data pipelines for more efficient and repeatable data
- Data Exploration and Preparation.
- Apply statistical analysis and visualization techniques to
- Generate hypotheses about the underlying mechanics of the
- Test hypotheses using various quantitative methods.
- Display drive and curiosity to understand the business process
to its core.
- Network with domain experts to better understand the business
mechanics that generated the data.
- Machine Learning.
- Apply various ML and advanced analytics techniques to perform
classification or prediction tasks.
- Acquire domain knowledge and integrate it into ML solutions,
for example, from an understanding of financial risk, customer
journey, quality prediction, sales, marketing.
- Testing of ML models, such as cross-validation, A/B testing,
bias and fairness.
- Collaborate with ML operations, data engineers, and IT to
deploy ML solutions.
- Follow established best practices around ML production
- Network with internal and external partners.
- Upskill yourself (through conferences, publications, courses,
local academia and meetups).
- Collaboration with other technical teams within the
- Encourage and leverage the reuse of artifacts.
- Be encouraged and expected to innovate and be creative in your
data analysis, problem solving and presentation of solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Data Science, Math, Statistics, Computer
Science or related field with an emphasis on analytics with 3+
years related experience, or
- Masters Degree in Data Science, Math, Statistics, Computer
Science or related field with an emphasis on analytics with 1+
years of related experience
- Experience working with statistics/analytics/visualization
tools, preferably in the Microsoft Azure Suite.
- Ph.D. degree in Data Science, Math, Statistics, Computer
Science or related field with an emphasis on analytics.
- Experience working in Python/SQL/Jupyter.
- Self-driven, curious and creative with a collaborative
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse, cross-functional teams
in a dynamic business environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and
we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can
grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal
treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote,
transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of
individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters
affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions,
and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against
any associate or applicant for employment because of race,
religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic
information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our
goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered
veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a
place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City
of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Ecolab, St. Paul , Data Scientist, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!