Company: Bethel University
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Leads the evaluation of existing systems and technologies and
development of strategic solutions, documenting relevant deployment
models or views that show how the current and future needs of
Bethel University's IT infrastructure will be met in an efficient,
sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
- Provide technical leadership in the ITS Infrastructure
environment, primarily for systems and network administration.
- Ensure documentation is well done and complete for systems and
- Produce both detailed technical work and system level
- Develop strategies, integration of technologies and plan for
- Ensure high performance, scalable systems that fit well
together and work with other integrated systems/software.
- Establish performance, clustering, sizing and configuration
standards for the system builds and help drive system design,
performance engineering practices and methodologies.
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex production issues, handle
performance tuning and manage issues in network and systems
- Oversee related platforms and ensure alignment with
- Provide leadership with server storage and operating
- Identify and Access Management Administration.
- Participate in the testing process through review and analysis
of potential technical solutions.
- Work closely with internal and external product managers and
development engineering in a highly collaborative environment.
- After hours on-call rotation.
- Network and Telecom management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and listening
- Must have the ability to execute and resolve multiple project
deliverables and problems.
- Must be able to serve as a technical lead and mentor within the
Infrastructure team; understand/troubleshoot WiFi, LAN, and WAN
problems, and campus cabling including Coax, Copper and Fiber.
- Must have experience managing Identity and Access Management
frameworks and various storage technologies (SAN/NAS/DAS).
- Must understand the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Possessing experience with the following systems is preferred:
- Microfocus IDM, eDirectory
- Oracle Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux/Unix and
- SAN, Dell Servers, VMware vSphere
- ARP, DHCP, DNS, BGP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, and NAT
- Cisco Networks (Routers, Firewalls and Switches), Cisco
Wireless, Infoblox DNS/DHCP/IPAM, Edge Routers, Cisco ASA and User
VPN, PC and Mac5+ years of successful and progressively responsible
IT experience, including technical leadership role(s). 5+ years of
successful experience in IT resulting in both a broad breadth as
well as depth of technical understanding. Bachelor's degree in
Computer Science or related discipline.Must be willing to travel
occasionally within the Twin Cities area and other Bethel campus'
nationally for meetings with other institutions, partners, and
vendors.Bethel seeks to recruit, retain, develop, and support a
diverse workforce who contributes to our educational and
Christ-centered mission. Bethel encourages candidates to apply who
can assist the University to develop a faculty that reflects the
diversity of people in God's kingdom through a variety of
ethnicities, cultures, and lived experiences. - -Bethel University
is a leader in Christ-centered higher education with approximately
6,300 students from 48 states and 32 countries enrolled in
undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs.
Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, Bethel offers bachelor's and advanced
degrees in nearly 100 fields. Educationally excellent
classroom-based and online programs equip graduates to make
exceptional contributions in life-long service to God and the
world. -Bethel employs qualified individuals regardless of race,
color, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status,
genetic information, veteran status, familial status, and status
with regard to public assistance. Individuals must be able to
perform the essential functions of the position with or without
Keywords: Bethel University, St. Paul , Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...