Technology Services Specialist (Overnight)
Company: Securian Financial Group
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Data Center Operations (DCO) Services team is looking for
Overnight Technology Services Specialist to join the team. This
area focuses on monitoring the production batch environment and
operation of production computer equipment. This area operates and
monitors peripheral equipment such as Xerox Printers in accordance
with established quality standards and prints production batch
reports while adhering to strict schedule requirements. This area
also provides first level Service Desk support to Securian
Financial's Home Office and remote associates; after regular hours
and during weekends. The person that will thrive in this position
is a night owl with above average computer/technical skills. Hours:
A work week consists of 37.5 overnight hours, Monday - Thursday 10
hour shifts, On-site.Ability to occasionally work flexible hours as
needed on other shifts. Responsibilities include but not limited
- - Monitor the production batch environment and operation of
production computer equipment for assigned shift to accomplish unit
and corporate goals of maximizing on-line system availability and
completing scheduled batch jobs.
- - Operate Xerox production printers and MICR printers, meeting
all print job SLAs.
- - Provide first level Service Desk support to Securian home
office and remote associates; after hours and during weekends.
- - Complete all required reports, logs and records to fully and
accurately document equipment, system and job failures.
- - Load test and production forms, fonts and signatures for
mainframe and distributed printing systems. Qualifications:
- - Ability to log and resolve level one Service Desk support
calls or properly escalate complex issues.
- - Strong attention to detail to ensure technical procedures are
correctly followed and to closely monitor the Data Center
- - Analytical ability to identifying problems and choosing among
alternate actions with an understanding of the consequences of each
to the overall process.
- - Decision making ability to quickly choose and implement a
course of action to resolve problems while minimizing adverse
- - Communication skills to ensure problems are properly
documented for subsequent assignment, follow-up and shift turnover.
--- Preferred Qualifications:
- - Four-year degree with emphasis in MIS, Computer Science or
- - 1 - 2 years IT Data Center experience
- - Technical help desk experience
- - Mainframe/distributed batch jobs and familiarity with data
- - Proficient printing production batch jobs; monitoring output
for print quality.
- - Experience with the following technologies: Windows desktop
and server operating systems, Microsoft Office products, Service
Desk ticketing software - Service Now, IBM z/OS mainframe, Xerox
production laser printing system, MICR check printing system,
Control M scheduling system, Xerox FDL/PDL languages and print
software systems Physical job requirements:
- - Ability to work at least 37.5 hours per week
- - Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer periodically
throughout entire workday
- - Ability to be mobile periodically throughout entire
- - Ability to utilize telephone 1-4 hours per day
- - Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull approximately 50
pounds periodically throughout entire workday
- - Ability to perform simple and firm grasping (e.g. paper
manipulation, sorting, grasping of equipment/machines, handling
stacks of paper) periodically throughout entire workday
- - Ability to work overtime or alternative shift coverage on
occasion. ---The physical job requirements described above are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions Securian Financial
has been around for 140 years. We're committed to giving back to
our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past
year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for
professional development and growth and a number of diverse
professional and social opportunities throughout the company.
There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to
work year after year! In addition:
- - Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- - Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning
- - Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan -
great resources to secure your financial future.
- - Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- - Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- - Paid maternity/paternity leaves. Securian Financial Group,
Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic
information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in
regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights
commission, or any other status or condition protected by local,
state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and
require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711
(telecommunications relay), or by email at
EmployeeRelations@securian.com.To view our privacy statement click
here To view our legal statement click here PandoLogic. Keywords:
Data Center Representative, Location: Saint Paul, MN - 55129
Keywords: Securian Financial Group, St. Paul , Technology Services Specialist (Overnight), IT / Software / Systems , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!