Sr. Marketing Technology and Automation Manager
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to
enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan
servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator
and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education
expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers,
associates, and communities.The perks of working at Nelnet go
beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're
part of a community invested in the success of each individual.
That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our
mission of creating opportunities for people where they live,
learn, and work.The Sr. Marketing Technology and Automation Manager
serves as the enterprise/global product owner and administrator of
Nelnets marketing technology stack. This role drives integrations
and data management in support of the successful execution and
reporting of marketing campaigns for Nelnet and related businesses.
In addition to leading a team of email marketing and automation
professionals the Sr. Marketing Technology Automation Manager is a
key stakeholder in setting the vision for driving exceptional
digital experiences for our customers.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the implementation and management of global marketing
technology and marketing automation systems including Salesforce
Marketing Cloud or related technologies.
- Develop company-wide best practices across automated marketing
campaigns, lead scoring, data management, and lead routing to
- Implement lead nurturing strategies to enable higher conversion
of quality leads.
- Develop and support the execution of advanced email and
multi-channel demand strategies based on business unit campaign
objectives within marketing automations systems.
- Conceptualize, implement, and optimize the marketing/sales
funnel using industry best practices for marketing with a heavy
emphasis on measurement and optimization.
- Partner in the design and deployment an A/B testing system to
achieve marketing campaign optimizations.
- Global email management with propagation into related CRM
databases while adhering to GDPR, CASL, CanSP/AM, and other best
- Provide governance across various marketing technology, project
management, and communication platforms including Salesforce
Marketing Cloud and others.
- Manage all third-party technology relationships to ensure
MarTech programming aligns with the marketing vision and corporate
governance strategies.Collaboration & Communication
- Ensure all MarTech platforms are aligned with other related
technologies across the business.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure automated
campaigns achieve business goals.
- Work collaboratively to build multi-channel brand, demand gen,
and customer advocacy marketing campaigns that support business
- Provide thought leadership and strategic insight to the team
and the organization on industry trends and the businesss marketing
technology strategy and results.
- Collaborate with marketing peers, IT and third-party technical
professionals to design, develop and deploy various marketing
technology solutions that are compliant and secure.
- Partner with different departments and businesses, including
sales operations, marketing strategy, IT, decision science, design,
copy, web, and social to ensure cohesion across technology
platforms.Colorado Residents- Pay Range for this role is $75k-95k
depending upon experienceEDUCATION :Bachelor's Degree in Marketing,
Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or related
- 6+ years of experience with Salesforce marketing automation
platforms, content management systems, and other marketing
- 4+ years of people management experience.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and ability to partner
with them to conduct business and technical discovery.
- Strong knowledge of B2B and B2C marketing with the ability to
effectively collaborate with internal teams.
- Project management experience with proven ability to execute
large cross functional projects according to scope, budget, and
- Experience working and presenting proposals to leadership in a
clear and compelling way.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data to drive marketing
- Agile experience preferred.
- Salesforce administration experience preferred.COMPETENCIES
- Effective leadership skills to guide and coach a team of email
marketing technology professionals and automation specialists to be
- Excellent communication skills and ability to apply effective
influencing techniques to gain support for team priorities and
- Strategic experience, judgment, and decision-making skills to
plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into
benefits to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to handle high volume of projects.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional role and impact the
course of projects outside the immediate department.Our benefits
package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous
earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance &
AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock
purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based
incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust
wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK
(http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .Nelnet is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and
takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are
employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without
regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or
sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service
animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other
status protected by Federal or State law or local
ordinance.Qualified individuals with disabilities who require
reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for
positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting
Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or
email@example.com .Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco
Free Workplace.You may know Nelnet as the nations largest student
loan servicer but we do more than that. A lot more. Were also a
professional services company, consumer loan originator and
servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12
and higher education expert (and thats just a shortlist). For over
40 years, weve been serving our customers, associates, and
communities to make dreams possible.EEO Info
(https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) - EEO
- FMLA Info
Keywords: Nelnet, St. Paul , Sr. Marketing Technology and Automation Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!