Technical Business Analyst II
Company: Patterson Companies
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Patterson isn't just a place to work, it's a partner that cares
about your success. One of the distinguishing marks of our company
is the talented people who embrace the people-first, always
advancing, and results-driven culture. Professional growth abounds
in this motivating environment. We value the diverse talents and
experiences our employees bring to Patterson and believe that they
build a stronger and successful organization. The Technical
Business Analyst II analyzes business and technical processes,
documents technical and/or business requirement and acts as primary
triage for eCommerce incident management process. The position
requires the ability to quickly learn, determine what the system is
doing, work close with development to determine best resolution,
communicate effectively with various teams including but not
limited various IT groups, business partners and customers.
Identifies gaps, such as program functions, output requirements,
input requirements and sources, data conversion strategies, and
system techniques and controls. This position translates business
requirements to functional specifications and technical
requirements. Coordinates with business and technology teams to
provision and verify business systems to ensure they meet
- Incident management triage owner, utilizing Service Now.
- Must have an understanding of data flow modeling, use-case
analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis,
data modeling, and object modeling.
- Develop and maintain user stories, business requirements,
functional requirements and design specifications with the
utilization of Kanban methodology.
- Communicate requirements to the development teams through the
use of user stories, acceptance criteria, specifications,
statements of work, project plans, or other forms of
- Serve as a liaison between development teams and the internal
customer or end user.
- Read and understand API guides of third party integrations
- Collaborate with scrum masters, project managers, product
owners, QA specialists, developers, support teams and end users to
guide requirements development, system design and pre- and post-
- Identify technology solutions to business problems
- Grow the system monitoring landscape and maturity; utilizing
Service Now, Dynatrace, Pager Duty, etc.
- Serve as project manager as needed, ensuring requirements are
met and implemented
- Coordinate with developers, quality assurance teams, and users
to test processes and ensure functionality and user
- May develop system documentation or training materials for
internal support teams.
- Understand relevant architectural components and patterns (such
as REST and SOAP) of the Platform and 3rd party integrations in
order to evaluate for the Platform technical lead and Architect how
the Platform should interoperate with those 3rd party APIs
- May create and document logical and physical database designs
(schemas) that capture data embodied in relevant industry standards
according to how it is to be used in the Platform.
- In support of diagnosing defects and evaluating system
behavior, write and execute simple SQL queries in SQL Server
Studio; examine and draw insights from the results of those
- On call rotation within team assignment.
- Examine code to understand how data flows between 3rd party
integrations and the Platform, as defined in standards you read and
understand. This includes data transferred as proprietary XML files
transmitted via ftp, JSON payloads, file formats defined by
industry standards or other formats you define, and to document
code behavior for other Fuse team members.
- Work with 3rd party integrators to ensure timely completion of
their action items. Define and specify custom development performed
by 3rd parties; follow up on that work to ensure that it is
completed, tested and working as required in production.
- Coordinate acceptance testing of software releases, defects,
enhancements, and upgrades with users
- Read Platform C# code in Visual Studio in order to explain its
behavior and to express that behavior in terms of the business
rules that it embodies (e.g. data input validation code).Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, IT, Computer Science, Business
Management or a related industry degree preferred or a combination
of equivalent education and experience
- 2-3 years of industry experience in analysis and documentation
of Business Systems and the design, development, and implementation
of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Strong technical, analytical, investigative and organizational
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual
contributor in a fast-paced changing environment -- multi-tasks,
prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Ability to create and execute simple SQL queries and
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to
effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Strong attention to detail and task follow-up skills. Adept at
handling multiple assignments in a timely manner and meeting
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Strong understanding of the organization's goals and
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- System infrastructure understanding, including App pools, IIS
- Experience with Service Now and Azure DevOps What's In It For
You: We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and
rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program. EEO Statement As a people-first
company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates
diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees unique
experiences and differences is what strengthens us and drives our
success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. We are
Patterson. We welcome you.
Keywords: Patterson Companies, St. Paul , Technical Business Analyst II, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!