Human Resources Business Partner
Company: Volunteers of America
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Come join our awesome team as a Human Resources Business
Partner. We are offering a generous sign on bonus of $6,000.00 to
be paid out quarterly over one year. Maplewood Care Center is part
of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as
Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent
organization. Human Resources Business Partner Job Highlights: ---
Generous Sign on Bonus --- 403(b) Retirement Plan; --- Career
scholarships; --- Quality training, continuing career education and
leadership programs; --- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance ---
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days) About the Job: The
Human Resource Manager is directly responsible for the overall
administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource
function. With consultation from the Executive Director and the
Director of Human Resources - Healthcare & Housing, the Human
Resources Manager provides oversight for compliance with applicable
state and federal labor laws Essentials:
- Oversee and manages the maintenance of the employee personnel
files and ensure compliance with State mandated regulations; enroll
new employees in benefits plans and provide benefits orientation;
coordinate with staffing and payroll to ensure accurate paychecks
and benefit deductions; notifies Corporate Human Resources of
separations to initiate benefits continuation materials
correspondence; process status changes.
- Complete monthly audits of personnel file compliance, including
FMLA, personal leave, performance evaluations, I-9's and background
checks. Update HRIS to ensure tracking is in place.
- Maintain data files and documentation of Human Resources
materials including: policies and procedures, standard manuals,
employee handbooks, job descriptions, new employee packages,
benefit plan documents, affirmative action plans and automated
training files. Distribute as directed.
- Respond to employee benefits questions; communicate with
vendors and maintain documentation of issues and resolution; refer
issues to corporate office as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of Human Resource supplies.
- File and organize various Human Resources materials and
- Coordinate the annual election benefits process.
- In collaboration with the Regional Human Resources Manager,
conduct wage and benefit surveys.
- Ensure compliance with standard policies and procedures.
- Communicate policies, new processes and programs as directed by
the Executive Director and/or Regional HR Manager.
- Conduct interviews as necessary.
- Oversee and coordinate the onboarding and orientation process
with the hiring managers.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, create action plan
based ongoing Employee Satisfaction Survey.
- Assist Department Supervisor with employee relations issues,
including verbal and written warnings. Contact Regional Human
Resources Manager prior to investigating any harassment claims,
litigation notices and prior to terminations.
- Oversee the Workers' Compensation practices. Ensure that all
injuries are reported in a timely and that each claim is thoroughly
investigated by the Supervisor and all information is entered into
the HRIS. Work with the injured employee, the Supervisor and
Workers' Comp. representative to ensure there is no lost time, if
possible, and work with the Transitional Duty program.
- Facilitate training and development programs for Department
Managers. Ensure that every six (6) months Sexual Harassment
training is conducted at facility.
- Ensure that the Affirmative Action Plan is implemented and
systems are in place to track all applicants, interviews and hires.
All annual compliance reports are completed on time.
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned online
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or
Regional HR Manager. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or similar discipline,
- Previous 3-5 years' experience in a Human Resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects to a deadline.
- Strong interpersonal skills; consumer focused.
- Attentive to detail.
- Thrives in change, is flexible and adaptable and can
demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills to
communicate across all levels of the facility.
- Strong organizational skills. High degree of professionalism;
able to deal with extremely confidential information.
- Works well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and
memos. Ability to prepare written correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but basic written or oral instructions.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
Maplewood Care Center is a skilled nursing and memory care
rehabilitation facility located in Maplewood, Minnesota, on the
Homestead at Maplewood Campus. At our center, we are devoted to
providing individualized, empathetic assistance to seniors in need
of short-term or long-term care. The city of Maplewood is a short
drive from St Paul and Minneapolis. We employ hardworking
individuals who are unwavering in their commitment to ensuring our
residents are receiving the quality care they deserve. They heavily
contribute to the positive work culture we have at Maplewood Care
Center, and the kindness and joy they bring to work every day
always brings a smile to those who need it. In our 2022 Great Place
to Work survey, employees said their work has a special meaning:
this is not "just a job". Create happiness and apply today! At
VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age,
physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, military and veteran status, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that
blending individual strengths and unique personal differences
nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our
mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where
everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal
Keywords: Volunteers of America, St. Paul , Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...