Company: Volunteers of America
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Come join our awesome team as a Cook at Maplewood Care Center!
We are offering a generous $3,000 sign-on bonus! Maplewood Care
Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which
serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of
America parent organization. Cook Job Highlights:
- Generous "refer a friend" bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Career scholarships
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership
programs About the job: To provide quality food service in
accordance with all State and Federal regulations and to meet the
nutritional and individual needs of the residents. Will interact
directly with food and nutrition services management team,
residents, their families, and all levels of staff. Hours:
11am-7:30pm; every other weekend Compensation: $16.95-$18.45 per
hour with pay in-lieu of benefits options. Essentials: -
- Completes defined food preparation, serving of meals and
cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various
dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Director of Food
and Nutrition Services and Management Team.
- Plans and initiates cooking schedule for food preparation to
meet meal schedule.
- Prepares, seasons, cooks and serves meat, main dish, soup and
vegetable for assigned meal; ensures appropriate portioned servings
according to portion control standards.
- Prepares nutritional snacks for residents as assigned.
- Tastes and smells prepared food to determine quality and
- Monitors temperature of hot and cold foods through food
preparation and service to ensure that established temperature
goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained
throughout meal service.
- Stores leftovers properly, plans for use of leftover foods in
accordance with State and Federal sanitation regulations.
- Supervises dietary staff in the absence of the Director of Food
and Nutrition Services and Assistant Food and Nutrition Services
Manager; initiate replacement calls for absentees and re-organizes
work assignments as directed.
- Assists with department inventory program.
- Implements menu substitutions if needed according to State and
- Cleans equipment and work areas as assigned by the Director of
Food and Nutrition Services. Required Qualifications: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of one-year food service experience in a healthcare
dietary setting preferred.
- Education in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
- General knowledge of quantity food preparation and portioned
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels
of staff, residents, family members and the public.
- Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly. About Maplewood
Care Center: Maplewood Care Center is a skilled nursing and memory
care rehabilitation facility located in Maplewood, Minnesota, on
the Homestead at Maplewood Campus. At our center, we are devoted to
providing individualized, empathetic assistance to seniors in need
of short-term or long-term care. The city of Maplewood is a short
drive from St Paul and Minneapolis. We employ hardworking
individuals who are unwavering in their commitment to ensuring our
residents are receiving the quality care they deserve. They heavily
contribute to the positive work culture we have at Maplewood Care
Center, and the kindness and joy they bring to work every day
always brings a smile to those who need it. Our 2022 Great Place to
Work survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has
a special meaning: this is not "just a job". Take pride in helping
others, and join us today! Volunteers of America National Services
requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and
contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to
advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the
safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for
those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider
religious and/or medical requests for exceptions. At VOANS, we
celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal
employment opportunities are available to all without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age,
physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, military and veteran status, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that
blending individual strengths and unique personal differences
nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our
mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where
everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal
Keywords: Volunteers of America, St. Paul , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...