Standworker/Barista - Rivercentre
Company: Morrissey Hospitality
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: September 24, 2022
RiverCentre - Saint Paul, MN
$16.00 - $16.00 Hourly
Varies, includes Weekends & Holidays
Restaurant, Food and Beverage
This position performs set up and serving activities within the
concessions operations with primary responsibility for preparing
and serving food and beverage items to patrons in a friendly and
courteous manner including but not limited to bottle, can, fountain
and draft beverages, muffins, bagels, pre-packaged snacks, hot
dogs, hamburgers, pizza, sandwiches, popcorn, ice cream; preparing
a variety of coffee and specialty hot and cold beverages, and
ladling soup; completing set up and tear down of concession
locations, including espresso bar, service counters and cabinets,
displays, tables and storage areas. Maintains accurate inventory
and monetary counts and collects payment for all individual food
and beverage items served.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Thoroughly knowledgeable on all menus, including food
preparation, beverage recipes and snack selections, as well as
beer, and wine programs (when applicable).
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of concessions
and portable cart areas, including dining areas, back hallways,
storage cages, service counters and related storage areas.
- Greets guests in a timely and professional manner, makes
suggestions regarding food and beverage, checks for guests needs
and answers any questions or concerns.
- Completes set up and break down duties to departmental standard
for each meal period, including but not limited to espresso bar,
dining tables, concession stand, portables and equipment.
- Takes orders from guests and enters accurately into the point
of sale or cash register system. Serves food and beverages
according to standards and etiquette. Mixes ingredients such as
espresso, syrups, water, sugar, mix, etc. to prepare drinks and
smoothies to standards.
- Requests proper identification from guests purchasing alcoholic
beverages when legal age is questionable (under the age of 30).
Consults with management on questionable identification. Monitors
guest alcohol consumption and does not serve alcohol to intoxicated
guests. Serves wine, bottled and draft beer to standard pour and to
departmental and event specifications. Maintains beer/wine security
and control standards (when applicable).
- Arranges bottles, bakeries, displays and packaged snacks to
make attractive displays.
- Orders and/or requisitions food, beverages and paper
- Responds to guest questions. Provides guest assistance,
direction, and information as needed.
- Stocks and maintains supplies, refrigerators, dispensers,
and/or display cases throughout the shift ensuring no interruption
in guest service. Notifies management when inventory supplies are
- Uses day dots and labeling of food per Morrissey Hospitality
and State of MN Standards to ensure safe food service.
- Washes, cleans, and sanitizes all smallwares and other
equipment. Sweeps and mops all work areas. Buses/wipes/sanitizes
tables and service counters to ensure dining areas remain clean and
in good order.
- Completes side work and maintains sanitation standards,
including but not limited to stocking/filling paper towels and hand
- Assists with new employee training by positively reinforcing
successful performance and providing respectful and encouraging
- Collects money for all food and beverages served. Counts money
and makes accurate drop.
- Totals bills and accepts payment with credit card machine or
point of sale.
- Totals receipts accurately, verifies sales and delivers
receipts/cash to proper location at end of shift.
- Committed to working any facility and any event within the
- Complies 100% with the facilities recycling and sustainability
policies and programs.
- Exercises care and performs required maintenance and ensures
all operating instructions, safety standards and guidelines are
followed in relation to Morrissey Hospitality equipment and/or
- Uses the standworker checklist to ensure no task has been
- Ability to meet the physical demands of standing, walking,
squatting, lifting and carrying at least 25 lbs. (food, beverages,
inventory, etc.) for extended periods of time for event
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Food safety certified
- Alcohol service certification
Keywords: Morrissey Hospitality, St. Paul , Standworker/Barista - Rivercentre, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!