Company: Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY OF POSITIONProvides friendly and
efficient service in a timely manner to guests according to company
policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Shows
quests genuine hospitality while providing them with a memorable
experience. Look like a professional and show sincerity with a
positive, friendly attitude. Performs all duties to maximize guest
satisfaction and quality of work environment as directed by Manager
on Duty. Prepare beverages in a timely manner.POSITION ACTIVITIES
AND TASKSGuest Interactions
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and
at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Welcomes guests immediate upon seating with a non-scripted
- Using acquired menu knowledge, offers menu suggestions, answers
questions and anticipates guests' needs.
- Practices responsible beverage service with all guests- verify
- Takes drink and food orders
- Serves high quality food and checks all orders to ensure they
are complete, prepared as ordered, portioned correctly and
attractive in appearance.
- Attends to any additional guests' needs or requests
- Maintains bar top – pre-bussing, replacing beverage napkins or
coasters detailing etc.
- Learn the names of regular guests
- Silent service – Service is felt but not seen
- Answers the phone and processes to go orders.
- Maintains cleanliness of his/her stations and pantry.
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not
limited to; rolling silverware, restocking cleaning works stations
and, washing dishes, etc.
- Executes the service cycle and team responsibilities at all
times. Ensures 100% guest satisfaction on every visit.
- Ensures no guest leaves the restaurant unhappy. Utilize our
service recovery policy and involve the manager if necessary.
Always strive for 100% guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding
product/service deficiencies. equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems
and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
according to recipes and standards.Processes Orders
- Enters drink and food orders and/or operates POS equipment
pursuant to company policies.
- Prepares, presents and receives payment for guests' checks in a
timely, effective manner
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Maintains bank balance and accountability to fundsAssists Team
- Maintains bar top, bar area and common areas of the
- Restocks bar
- Prepares mixes and garnishes for drinks
- Assemble bar dishwasher and/or compartment sinks. Monitor
- Wash and sterilizes glassware. Monitor glasses for chips or
cracks, polish to remove spots.
- Stocks all necessary bar items
- Cleans and maintains all bar equipment
- Requisition liquor, beverages and supplies from bar
- Maintains cleanliness of barPHYSICAL
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12
inches), distinguish between shapesand utilize peripheral vision to
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 1⁄2 -
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice
chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for
distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals SUPERVISION
RECEIVED:Receives direction and training from the Bar Manager or
Manager on duty as to the specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic Bar Knowledge.Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and
customer service can be taught through in house training.
DisclaimerThis position description in not intended, and should not
be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is
intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle
job elements essential for making decisions related to job
performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the
incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as
Keywords: Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar, St. Paul , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!