Retail Management Internship, Target Field
Company: Delaware North
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 3, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Sportservice is hiring a Retail
Management Intern to join our team at Target Field in Minneapolis,
Minnesota. As a Retail Management Intern, you will oversee store
operations, provide direction to retail associates, work on visual
merchandising, learn how to buy, work with retail warehouse
personnel, work with supervisors, help coordinate retail sales at
special events (Pride, MN State Fair) and get a whole overview of
how to run a retail department for a professional MLB team.
- Supervise retail associates by assigning employees and
following up on work results.
- Train associates on policies, procedures to maintain retail
- Open and close retail locations as directed.
- Assist retail management with daily procedures and
- Monitor store floor, assist with guests' needs and
- Evaluate, create, and maintain professional visual displays;
provide direction to retail associates regarding store
merchandising and displays.
- Ensure integrity of physical inventory and par levels.
- Assist management in recruiting, interviewing, and selecting
- Work with buyer for 2023 purchasing.
- Assist management during set up, tear down and overseeing
- Learn to work with union employees and learn about unions.
- Help with warehouse projects and needs.
- Assist supervisors during games and events.Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Working toward an associate or bachelor's degree in retail
management or related field.
- Strong time management, organizational, verbal, and written
- Ability to direct the work activities of several associates
simultaneously and plan.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Basic math skills: ability to accurately handle money and count
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays.Who We Are Delaware
North has operated concessions, premium dining and retail services
at Target Field since 2010, when the 39,504-seat venue opened. The
state-of-the-art stadium is home of the Minnesota Twins. We provide
a full complement of food and beverage offerings that include
chef-attended action stations, a carving station and Taste of the
Ballpark fan favorites.At Delaware North, you'll love where you
work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in
sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels,
or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, St. Paul , Retail Management Internship, Target Field, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!