Executive Chef - Lancer - Zooper Foods at The Como Zoo (Saint Paul, MN)
Company: Elior North America
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Position Summary:This position has responsibility for
supervising production, culinary standards, sanitation and training
for the contracted client's retail/catering food service team.Key
- Plan, organize and supervise daily culinary operation of retail
and catering services.
- Plan menus based on such factors as market trends, customer
preferences and nutritional considerations; design recipes,
determine appropriate ingredients and specify individual serving
portion for each recipe.
- Develop menus in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional
needs, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary
constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to
include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and
recipe testing and menu development.
- Direct and coordinate the work of production and dish room
- Maintain proper production, safety and sanitation
- Direct and participate in the daily preparation of standard and
gourmet food items.
- Evaluate the quality of raw food and ensure the quality of the
- Plan, develop and supervise a culinary team using a
comprehensive menu management program.
- Ensure overall consistency and high quality across the various
- Develop culinary training programs for food production
employees and serve as a culinary resource to promote quality food
- Inspection of assigned units to observe quality of food
preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and
sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee
- Plan, develop and implement culinary production for special
events, monotony breakers, and catered functions.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and display of
menu items for special functions.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth
progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Maintain proper inventory controls for food, supplies, and
equipment. Interview, select, train and evaluate supervisory and
- Handle corrective action process with human resources and make
- Control revenue and expenses to ensure financial goals.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns from faculty, staff, and
- Maintain university policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certification by a recognized culinary institution or an
equivalent combination of education and experience is
- Demonstrated institutional, hotel, or restaurant culinary
skills to include large quantity production.
- Must have 3- 5 years of culinary management experience.
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication skills are
- A proven track record of successfully controlling costs and
managing annual budgets.
- Experience with a computerized menu management system, and
knowledge of office and industry software applications is
- Ability to effectively supervise and train a diverse work
- Must be able to remain standing for most of working hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds.
- Must be able to perform respective tasks.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days.
- May be exposed to hot, humid work areas.
- May be exposed to sharp instruments and power driven
- May be exposed to caustic chemicals.
About Elior NAElior North America enhances people's lives through
culinary innovation and a commitment to providing exemplary
service. Our family of companies, with more than 18,000 employees,
provides food services and catering to over 1,500 client accounts
in five industry segments across the continental United States. We
are proud to be the fifth largest culinary management company in
the country and excited to be the fastest growing organization in
the industry.We focus on three ingredients for success to
differentiate Elior from our competitors and position our company
as a disruptor in the markets we serve. To support our ingredients
for success and drive our mission and values, we need talented team
members throughout our family of companies.Do you have what it
takes to be a part of the company that is, "Small enough to
care...and...Big enough to make a difference"?View video about
Elior North America hereElior North America is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Elior North America, St. Paul , Executive Chef - Lancer - Zooper Foods at The Como Zoo (Saint Paul, MN), Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!