Manager- Merchandise & Retail Experiences
Company: MN Vikings Football
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY: This role is responsible for fan
engagement and revenue generation at the Vikings three retail
merchandise locations and two museum properties. This position is
the primary contact that bridges our third party operators
(Fanatics, ASM, Viking Lakes) and various in-house departments
(Corporate Partnerships, Events, Ticket Sales, Youth Marketing,
Archives, Legends, Creative, Finance, etc.…) to manage all retail
and merchandise related business objectives. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Identify areas for business growth, then develop and execute
action plans including museum programming and retail
- Be the Vikings liaison to merchandise operator Fanatics,
collaborating and negotiating to ensure they are meeting fan
engagement, service, revenue and brand objectives.
- Coordinate Vikings marketing efforts for all retail locations,
including but not limited to:
- Develop content calendar and create relevant content to promote
the retail locations.
- Create annual marketing plan including creative strategy and
- Market the museum(s) as a destination to tour operators and
initiate on-going promotion to bus tour operators.
- Promote Museum to area hotels and other attractions in the
- Partner with Vikings Group Ticketing to market group ticket
- Create exceptional experience through unique fan engagement
opportunities and ensuring the implementation of our Skol Service
standards at all retail locations.
- Work with Vikings Events department and other Vikings
departments to schedule, coordinate and execute museum access for
after-hour events and special projects.
- Collaborate with Vikings Youth Marketing and Community
Relations department to develop and execute field trip experiences
at both Museum locations.
- Be the point person with the Vikings Corporate Partnerships,
Creative and Marketing departments to strategize, create and sell
limited edition merchandise and promotions.
- Lead the strategy and project manage Vikings merchandise and
Museum Pop-ups at community events and locations (i.e. State Fair,
Draft Party, summer festivals, etc.…)
- Establish and maintain operations policies and procedures.
Provide continual evaluation of policies and procedures to improve
fan engagement, area operations, efficiency and service to both
internal and external customers.
- Serve as the building representative for the Vikings Museum and
the Team Store at Viking Lakes, as well as the liaison between U.S.
Bank Stadium; stadium operator ASM and Minnesota Sports Facilities
- Manage and analyze detailed reports on attendance, revenue, and
expenses. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience managing merchandise, apparel and retail KPIs
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced,
time-sensitive sports environment
- Effective cross-departmental collaborator and
- 5+ years of retail marketing experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in similar related field
- Available to work extended hours including evenings, weekends
and holidays CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may
require the individual to have access to confidential records and
information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality
of the information with which the individual has contact must be
maintained. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time WORK
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Standard office for regular office hours, on-site events OUR
DEI Commitment: The Minnesota Vikings are committed to creating and
sustaining a culture for you. Whoever you are, we are an
organization that embraces and empowers people of all backgrounds
and experiences and incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion
into the foundation of everything we do. We are proud to have a
culture that empowers our people to harness their uniqueness to
develop their full potential as a contributor to the success of the
organization and the communities we serve. The Minnesota Vikings
are an equal opportunity employer, and we continue to commit to
creating equitable opportunities by ensuring that our place can be
Keywords: MN Vikings Football, St. Paul , Manager- Merchandise & Retail Experiences, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!