Smack Shack Cook, Minneapolis Airport
Company: Delaware North
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring
a Cook to join our Smack Shack team at Minneapolis Airport in Saint
Paul, Minnesota. As a Cook, you will be a visible leader in the
kitchen, partnering with the management team to deliver food to
quality standards. $18.00/hour Delaware North believes in a total
rewards package that helps us recruit and retain the best
associates in the industry. We have a comprehensive benefits
program designed to give our associates the comfort, safety and
stability they need to serve our guests each and every day. Below
is a listing of many of our benefits:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Life insurance
- Paid Parking
- Paid time off Responsibilities
- Review menus and guest orders to determine the type and
quantities of food to be prepared, properly measure and portion all
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Utilize kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as knives,
slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens,
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all
products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing, and side work duties as instructed
and according to proper guidelines.
- Keep workstation, coolers, and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follow and uphold all health codes and sanitation
- Performs other duties assigned. Qualifications
- At least 2 years of previous experience in a back-of-house
foodservice position is required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions. Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, and whip a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at the
waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops, and
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment. Shift Details
Varies Who We Are At Delaware North, you'll love where you work,
who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in
sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels,
or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us. Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, St. Paul , Smack Shack Cook, Minneapolis Airport, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!