Front End Team Leader
Company: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P.
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: April 4, 2021
HIRING ALERT: We're hiring in-store shoppers near you! Flexible
scheduling, at least $15/hr minimum starting pay and quick hiring
process. -- Learn More> > > Location St Paul, Minnesota,
United States of America St Paul Job DescriptionProvides overall
leadership to the Store Support team. Responsible for all aspects
of daily operations including cash management, expense control,
buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance, and special
projects as assigned. Leads and develops Associate Team Leaders and
Team Members. Accountable for Team Member hiring, development,
corrective actions and separations. All Whole Foods Market Retail
jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing
courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team
Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance
with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team
Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in
other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to
support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and
store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all
applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and
regulatory duties required in the department.Job
- Holds ATLs, supervisors and Team Members accountable for
delivering outstanding customer service.
- Defines and develops clear expectations to achieve the highest
standards of retail execution. performance and minimizes
- Makes hiring and separation decisions in partnership with Store
- Ensures an effective and efficient response to customer
questions, requests, and/or concerns.
- Maintains Team Member safety and security standards.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative and productive
relationships with departmental and store leadership.
- Communicates objectives and relevant information clearly to
- Establishes and maintains positive and productive vendor
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulatory rules and
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge / awareness of relevant
competitors and industry trends.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals. Job
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge and awareness of
relevant competitors and industry trends.
- Advanced knowledge of products, buying, pricing, merchandising,
and inventory management.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and
ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and
operations-related applications. Experience:
- 24+ months retail experience including 12+ months of team
leadership experience. Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery. Note: The purpose
of this document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through
the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion. At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
business needs. Real benefits go beyond what you'd expect. We call
ours "Whole Benefits," and they cover Physical, Mental, and
Financial health. Here are a few of the perks you can expect in
these areas. We offer access to health insurance for all full-time
Team Members to keep you feeling great. 20% In-Store Discount Our
most famous benefit, every Team Member gets a 20% in-store discount
on your favorite products. Plus, after six months, you have the
opportunity to increase that discount up to 30%. PTO Cash-Out Once
per year, eligible US Team Members can take 100% of unused PTO
hours and convert them into pay Total Health Immersions Four times
a year, we send select Team Members to a week-long health getaway
to help create and sustain healthy lifestyle changes. We pay 100%
of the costs and even 50% of your spouse's costs if they want to
join. Whole Planet Foundation Team Member Volunteer Program
Eligible Team Members can travel for 2-3 weeks to the communities
where Whole Foods Market sources products and funds microcredit
clients through its Whole Planet Foundation. Career Learning and
Development Better yourself as you better us. We give you
comprehensive training, programs and clear career paths to help you
grow. Our Core Values Our core values have guided us since Day 1.
We live them every day, and they've helped make us who we are
today. We Sell the Highest Quality Natural and Organic Foods We
Satisfy and Delight our Customers We Promote Team Member Growth and
Happiness We Create Profits and Prosperity We Care About our
Communities and the Environment We Practice Win-Win Partnership
with our Suppliers Sign up for Job Alerts Not seeing a fit? Sign up
for job alerts and we'll notify you the moment a new job you want
is posted. How would you rate your experience popup Follow Whole
Foods Market Careers "Whole Foods Market" is a registered trademark
of Whole Foods Market IP, L.P.
Keywords: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P., St. Paul , Front End Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!