Administrative Associate 1 - Medicine Grants Program Coordinator
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID352302
Employee ClassCivil Service
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
The Department of Medicine has created a new position to coordinate
administrative functions for three highly successful training
programs across three divisions. These training grants aim to
prepare learners for careers that have a significant impact on the
health-related research needs of the nation. This position partners
closely with three program directors, as well as the Department of
Medicine Research Administration Manager, and plays a pivotal role
in data management, proposal preparation, day-to-day program
oversite and regulatory compliance.
70% Training Grant Coordination
* Assist in writing, complying, and coordinating components of the
grant preparation/submission. Disseminate information, data and
reports to end users through standard and ad hoc reports,
summaries, website, etc. Assist in compiling and drafting strategic
communications regarding the program.
* Design and set up a database repository and reporting tools.
* Gather division and department level data as well as external
department data. Populate, update and maintain current grant
submission and award database content per established internal and
external deadlines. Assist in compiling and drafting progress
* Manage and troubleshoot various databases, including REDCAP, ERA
commons and ASSIST.
* Create and maintain resources, communications and website content
needed for program pre- and post-award coordination and management.
Organize agendas for key meetings.
* Set internal schedule and submission deadlines for division
personnel to submit data. Track and report compliance.
* Coordinate periodic external reviews. Partner with program
directors to address and resolve any identified program
* Manage program budget and financial transactions.
30% Trainee Support
* Partner with program directors to implement diversity recruitment
and retention initiatives, including pipeline programs. Create
advertisements, application materials and organize, provide
administrative oversite for faculty selection committees. Establish
* Coordinate all onboarding and offboarding activities. Act as a
single point of contact to answer questions and provide guidance on
navigating onboarding and offboarding tasks.
* Collaborate with program director and mentors to plan, implement
and manage trainee development opportunities. Plan and conduct
in-person and virtual events.
* Collaborate with key partners such as Education Coordinators,
Divisions, Accounting, and DOM Human Resources on appointment set
up, appointment updates and future terminations.
*Facilitate completion of Statement of Appointments through xTrain
and ensure compliance and consistency across the various
*Create and implement tracking system for all UNS (GME, Non GME,
Post doc Fellows, and trainees) appointments within Medicine.
All required qualifications must be documented on application
- BA/BS or a combination of related education and work experience
to equal four years
- Applies knowledge and skill to a recurring task or activity
with emphasis typically on precision and timeliness of
- Demonstrated effective problem identification and problem
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously work on multiple
projects with fixed deadlines and ability to re-prioritize tasks as
needed to successfully meet all deadlines.
- Experience with project management tools.
- Proven track record of attention to detail & delivering high
- Demonstrated aptitude of working in complex databases with a
high degree of accuracy.
- Experience in pre- and/or post-award grants/contracts
- Prior work experience in higher education and/or an academic
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll
find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are
interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance,
allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your
life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the Office of Human Resources website for
more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an
online application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , Administrative Associate 1 - Medicine Grants Program Coordinator, Healthcare , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!