Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Sholom Community Alliance
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) assesses and treats
individuals with disorders associated with the voice, fluency,
language, cognitive, communication, speech and swallowing.
1.Design, implement and evaluate speech therapy programming for
clients, developing individualized care plans on a case-by-case
a.Work directly with clients, caregivers, and staff to offer
education and instructional training as related to a client's
2.Collaborate with the IDT (interdisciplinary team) to ensure
adequate and appropriate flow of speech therapy services.*
3.Provide support and counseling to individuals and families
concerning loss of function, and coping with issues as they relate.
4.Maintain accurate records and documentation to ensure compliance
with regulatory and organization requirements, completing discharge
documentation as directed.*
5.Maintain up-to-date programs and techniques to enhance speech
therapy services provided.*
6.Support various other Rehab responsibilities as needed.
- Denotes Essential Functions of the postion.JOB
Education, Experience and Credentials
- Master's Degree from a Speech-Language-Hearing Association
(ASHA) accredited school in Speech Pathology required.
- One or more years' Speech Pathology experience required,
preferably working with a geriatric population.
- Must possess a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech
Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) and maintain certification.
- Must possess license in the State of Minnesota and maintain
licensure in good standing.
- CPR/First Aid certified through American Red Cross
- Hospice and Medicare Home Care: Possesses a valid driver's
license with good driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
Must have reliable transportation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of speech therapy principles, theory, methods and
evidence based practice and ability to use clinical judgment
relating to the provision of occupational therapy services.
- Flexible and productive in an environment with regular
- Display high levels of customer service, responding promptly
and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both
internal and external to the organization.
- Possess effective problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, Internet, HRIS, and other applications. Must be skilled in
database management and record keeping.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Incumbent must be able to:
- Perform light work, with occasional or negligible lifting of
objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Effectively communicate, including following oral and written
instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and
outside the organization.
- Able to effectively use office equipment to review and create
- Work at a desk for extended periods of time and perform long
hours of work sitting at a computer.
- Frequently stand and walk to move around office/building
repeatedly throughout the day.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime,
nights and weekends as required including attending events/meetings
- Obtain reliable transportation when necessary.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Use telephone, computer and standard office equipment.
- Incumbent must be able to use telephone, calculator, copy
machines, computers, and printers, as well as stethoscope, blood
pressure cuff, oximeter, O2 tanks, wheelchair, and therapy-specific
The work environment is primarily indoors. Occasional exposure to
the outdoors and inclement weather when traveling between
This job description does not necessarily list all the functions or
accountabilities of the job. Employees may be asked by management
to perform additional duties and tasks. Management reserves the
right to revise and update job descriptions at any time.Sholom is
dedicated to the health and safety of its residents, family
members, and team members. All offers of employment are contingent
upon successful completion of relevant background, employment
verification and TB tests, as well as participating in mandatory
vaccine programs (ex. COVID-19), testing requirements (ex.
COVID-19, TB), and using designated PPE where and when
Sholom is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability
Keywords: Sholom Community Alliance, St. Paul , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!