Social Worker, Licensed - LTC
Company: Sholom Community Alliance
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The Social Worker, Licensed - LTC: (a) provides services
directly to nursing home residents and their families to promote
their social and psychosocial well being, (b) functions as part of
the interdisciplinary team to advocate for the resident and promote
residents' quality of life, with emphasis on helping residents
retain identity and independence, (c) assists with discharges,
provide appropriate referrals, and makes transitions as seamless as
possible.BENEFITS OF WORKING AT SHOLOM:
- Competitive Wages and Holiday Pay
- Comprehensive Benefit Packages - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Sick and Safe Time (SST)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Tuition Assistance for ongoing education - Receive up to
$5,250.00 per year towards your education!
- Company sponsored training and development opportunities to
advance your career
- Employee Assistance Programs for physical, mental, and
- Free membership to Sholom's Fitness and Vitality Centers
- Easy access to major bus routes and public transportation
- And many more benefits, discounts, and perks!PRIMARY
1) Provide services directly to nursing home residents and their
families and maintain assigned caseload.
a. Provide a complete range of Social Work Services including but
not limited to assisting residents in managing their daily lives,
coping with issues and navigating relationships.
2) Provide interdepartmental services including but not limited
a. Keep current in social service knowledge and practices to be an
effective resource to staff, by participating in professional
activities and/or through continuing education.
3) Develop a comprehensive discharge plan, along with
interdisciplinary team, resident and family and make referrals as
needed to appropriate agencies such as Home Care, (if someone is
discharging home), Meals-on-Wheels, Hospice, and the County (for
Elderly Waiver or Alternative Care).
4) Maintain up-to-date documentation on each resident in compliance
with state and federal requirements.
a. Complete mandatory documentation and social service observations
within pre-established timelines.
b. Complete Brief Interview for Mental Status (BIMS) and Patient
Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9) as required.
5) Establish cooperative referral relationships with other agencies
and continually be aware of available community resources.
a. Develop connections with appropriate community and government
resources by maintaining knowledge of other systems, making
referrals, and identifying unmet needs (e.g., recreational
transportation, adaptive phone equipment, etc.).
East Campus Only:
1) Participate actively in "resident first" model of care.
a. Facilitate a learning circle (for example if there is a behavior
issue with a certain resident, the social worker could call the
team together and facilitate a learning circle to discuss the
behavior and approaches).
b. Facilitate a community circle, where you have the residents in a
circle, and discuss a question/topic to have them interact (part of
Person First training on dementia).SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Complete referrals for hospice and psychologist as needed.
2. Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as
requested by management.JOB SPECIFICATIONS
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field
- Must be licensed by the MN Board of Social Work and maintain
- One or more years of social work experience required,
preferably in a long-term care environment.
Sholom is dedicated to the health and safety of its residents,
family members, and team members. All offers of employment are
contingent upon successful completion of relevant background,
employment verification and TB tests, as well as participating in
mandatory vaccine programs (ex. COVID-19), testing requirements
(ex. COVID-19, TB), and using designated PPE where and when
Keywords: Sholom Community Alliance, St. Paul , Social Worker, Licensed - LTC, Healthcare , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!