Telehealth Independent Nurse Practitioner - Illinois, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Arkansas (Telecommute)
Company: National Society of High School Scholars
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: February 24, 2021
National Society of High School Scholars
- Telehealth Independent Nurse Practitioner - Illinois,
Minnesota, Oklahoma, Arkansas (Telecommute) UG Telehealth
Independent Nurse Practitioner - Illinois, Minnesota, Oklahoma,
Arkansas (Telecommute) Description As a part of OptumCare, the
largest network of medical groups in the nation, MedExpress is
seeking a full-time Telehealth Independent Nurse Practitioner to
join our team. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally
while providing Physician-led care locally.
- 100% work from home (no onsite)
- Open 8am- 8pm, 7 days per week
- Providers typically work 12-hour shifts
- Average patient load = 3-4 patients per hour
- Provider will support telehealth visits in Illinois, Minnesota,
Oklahoma, and Arkansas
- Responsibilities include:
- Provides and manages remote patient care.
- Use audio and visual technology to complete patient
examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment
- Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up
care, and additional information.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment
regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care
components as appropriate.
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their
- Patients are treated like family. We focus on helping patients
get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still
maintaining the culture and community locally.
- Competitive pay
- DEA and licensure reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision
- 401k with matching
- Short- and long-term disability, company paid life
- Company paid malpractice coverage
- Flexible Scheduling
- Holiday pay 1.5x shift rate on days worked per scheduling
- Upward career growth and professional development
- Supportive and appreciative culture
Careers with MedExpress
At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient,
affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations.
One of the many ways we do this is by creating access to health
care through a leading telehealth solution. Optum Virtual Care is a
digital clinic that provides a convenient, same-day alternative to
local walk-in care . It also closely aligns with rapidly evolving
consumer preferences and what many patients have come to expect
from health care providers when seeking care overall. This offering
is supported by a dedicated virtual medical group that this
reinventing how care is provided using the latest technology to
drive simplicity, convenience, coordination and affordability. As
part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses,
we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to
help the health system work better for everyone. You can become
part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers
across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV
and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. --
2019 Optum Health & Technology. All rights reserved.
- Master's degree (MSN) and certification by one of the Nurse
Practitioner certifying bodies (ANCC or AANP) as a Family Nurse
Practitioner (FNP) is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience in an
emergency medicine, urgent care, family medicine or ambulatory care
- An unrestricted DEA license (or ability to obtain prior to
- Ability to successfully qualify for and obtain unrestricted
state licensure throughout the defined platform is required.
- Prior experience as an independent practitioner is
- Experience using audio/visual technology or video conferencing
- Unrestricted state licensure throughout the defined platform
prior to start.
About OptumCare: At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians
at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our
physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and
progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17
million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and
9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working
in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within
care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and
driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at
Colorado Residents Only: The salary for Colorado residents is
78,700.00 to 142,600 (add additional reference for sales and
physicians). Pay is based on several factors including but not
limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of
the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers
the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable
eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans;
wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or
public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock
purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and
long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance;
Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical
illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth
Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality
care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Job Keywords: Primary Care Providedrs,Telemedicine, Nurse
Practitioner, NP, Family, Team Care, Managed Risk, Value Based
Care, Illinois, Arkanasa, Minnesota, Oklahoma
- Job ID: 55883538
- Position Title: Telehealth Independent Nurse Practitioner -
Illinois, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Arkansas (Telecommute)
- Company Name: UnitedHealth Group
- Job Type: Full-Time View your connections at UnitedHealth Group
LinkedIn Jobs You May Like UG UnitedHealth Group Blaine, MN, United
States UG Manager of Finance - Eden Prairie, MN or... UnitedHealth
Group UG Associate Director, Value Analysis and Support -...
UnitedHealth Group Minneapolis, MN, United States UG Vice
President, ECS Specialty Operations -...
Keywords: National Society of High School Scholars, St. Paul , Telehealth Independent Nurse Practitioner - Illinois, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Arkansas (Telecommute), Healthcare , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!