Supplier Quality Engineering Manager
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.JOB DESCRIPTION:About
AbbottAbbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough
science to improve people's health. We're always looking towards
the future, anticipating changes in medical science and
technology.Working at AbbottAt Abbott, you can do work that
matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your
true self and live a full life. You'll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can
grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment
Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer
- Tuition reimbursement, the student debt program and education
benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor's
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of
countries around the world and named one of the most admired
companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies
to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working
mothers, female executives, and scientists. The Opportunity We are
currently hiring for a Supplier Quality Engineering Manager to be
based in our Plymouth, MN location. - This role will haver
responsibilities for Provide Process/Quality Engineering support to
manufacturing, helping to ensure delivery of highest quality
product to the customer. Provide Quality Engineering support to
product development teams, manufacturing teams helping to ensure
high quality products. What You'll Work On
- Develops and maintains a competent work group through effective
hiring, communications, recognition, performance feedback and
- Monitors, directs, and prioritizes staff workload to ensure
business objectives are met
- Possesses strong communication skills and is able to adjust
style to respective audience (managers, peers, customers,
executives, etc.). Makes decisions: Utilizes good judgment and
makes timely decisions which consider the facts and data at hand.
Knows when to escalate to management and presents possible
resolutions. Takes personal responsibility to resolve issues.
- Confronts Issues: Raises issues that block the achievement of
individual and team performance; voices opinions and concerns
without waiting to be asked; and attempts to establish areas of
difference as well as areas of common interest. Actively promotes
- Influences Outcomes: Influences others to support a course of
action and to incorporate quality concepts in all activities;
appropriately uses authority; influences activities without
reliance on formal authority; and communicates unpopular decisions
in a realistic but favorable light
- Ensure all policies and processes are followed and monitor
compliance to appropriate regulatory standards.
- Contracts staffing as necessary to meet department objectives
and identified demands.
- Contributes to establishing department goals, objectives, and
- Responsible for supplier metrics for business unit reviews
- Advises planning for department resource needs.
- Provides routine department status updates to management.
- Effectively communicate with and provide support to other
departments as necessary.
- Motivate team to achieve results.
- Foster a department culture of continuous improvement.
- Identifies and drives continuous quality improvement and lean
processes in the areas of responsibility.
- Provides staff interface and technical support of internal
audits, regulatory body audits, and inspections as well as any
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and
in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental
Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies,
operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains
positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all
levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or related
- 8+ years of related work experience in a similar role within a
- Demonstrated work experienced with Supplier Engineer
- 2+ years in a leadership/direct supervision role
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to
effectively communicate at multiple levels in the
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Sciences, or related
- Medical device experience
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in a
geographically diverse, matrixed organization* Participants who
complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in
our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next
calendar year.Learn more about our health and wellness benefits,
which provide the security to help you and your family live full
lives: - Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that can help you build your future
and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at , on Facebook at
and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.The salary for this
role is between:N/AJOB FAMILY:Operations QualityDIVISION:SH
Structural HeartLOCATION:United States > Minnesota> St. Paul
> Woodridge : 177 East County Rd BADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK
SHIFT:StandardTRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the TimeMEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not
ApplicableSIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for
prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day),
Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)Abbott is an
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veterans.EEO is the Law link - English:
the Law link - Espanol:
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, St. Paul , Supplier Quality Engineering Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...