Accounting & Payroll Manager
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Urgently Hiring!This Jobot Job is hosted by: Stephen KonopkaAre
you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and
sending us your resume.Salary: $75,000 - $95,000 per yearA bit
about us:We are a private Christian school in Woodbury, MN that
educates students and helps them flourish in a Christ-centered
community where they are known, loved, and valued. We are urgently
hiring for an Accounting/Payroll Manager to report directly to our
Director of Finance.Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary + 401k
- Strong Benefits Package (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Generous PTO policyJob DetailsKEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage daily operations of accounting and payroll
- Prepare and review journal entries, reconciliations, and
related work papers to support monthly, and annual financial close
timelines and audits.
- Assist in and manage the implementation of proper accounting
methods, policies, and principles.
- Coordinate and main contributor to annual audit
- Implement, maintain, and review, payroll processing systems to
ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions
including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other
- Responsible for post payroll processing including creating and
entering journal entries for payroll expenses.
- Maintain fixed asset system for accounting, processing, and
reporting of the assets.
- Reconcile asset and liability balance sheet account, resolving
any outstanding discrepancies.
- Assist with creating monthly financial reports for school,
church, and foundation.
- Communicate information related to accounting and payroll
operations and explain procedures and regulations to other
- Answers payroll related and accounting/budget questions and
inquiries from other departments and employees.
- Support the Director of Finance in additional cost analysis and
reporting as needed.REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, with strong business
- Knowledge of accounting and payroll principles, practices, and
- An interest and appreciation for a mission-driven Christian
organization is necessary for the success in this position.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience, and a minimum 1-3 years of
supervisory experience required
- Experience in nonprofit accounting preferred
- Track record of attracting, developing, and retaining
- A strong service mentality; the ability to work effectively
with senior leaders, associates and faculty at all levels of the
- An ability to focus on tactical and operational issues using
strong analytics and datasets.
- Must be versatile and flexible to deal with a wide variety of
issues, situations, and people.
- Strategic thinker who is detail oriented, attentive to internal
and external deadlines and manage his/her time well
- Must have a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and
confidentiality.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, St. Paul , Accounting & Payroll Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...