Assistant Director Operations
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID354386
Job FamilyStudent Services
Employee ClassAcad Prof and Admin
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
Assistant Director Operations
Orientation & Transition Experiences
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
Orientation & Transition Experiences centers collaboration and team-based values in the work we do both internally and externally. A primary function of OTE is the coordination and development of a comprehensive Orientation and Welcome Week Programs, including all related student leadership and training programs. The Assistant Director of Operations is responsible for Salesforce, management of operations for various programs and services provided by OTE as well as front desk services and office management. This position works closely with all OTE members to create workflows that center efficiency, customer services and the mission and goals of OTE. This position will report to the director of OTE. This is a full-time, Professional and Academic(P&A) non-exempt posiiton. The salary range is $50,000 - 55,000
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. OTE Operations (45%)
2. CRM Management & Application Management (45%)
3. Supervision (10%):
* A BA/BS degree plus at least four years of relevant work experience, or master's degree plus two years of relevant work experience.
* In-depth understanding of student development and student transition issues.
* Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
* Demonstrates the ability to manage details related to leader schedules, programs logistics and training implementation.
* Commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence.
* Position requires work on evenings and weekends.
* Employment is contingent upon completion of background verification with satisfactory results as required by law and University policy.
* A Master's degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, or other related areas.
* Two years previous experience in a higher education environment, orientation programming, leadership development and training, or experience in other related areas.
* Previous experience developing training and facilitating leadership development workshops.
* Collaborative and diplomatic relationship style; promotes respect and practice of civility and inclusivity in the workplace.
* Ability to work and communicate across organizational programs and priorities.
* Previous supervisory experience of staff (student or professional).
* Previous experience in orientation, transition and/or retention programming.
* Previous experience coaching or mentoring individuals and teams.
* Flexibility and adaptability to change.
* Ability to make data-driven decisions regarding programmatic efforts.
About the Department
Orientation & Transition Experiences (OTE) is a department within the Office of Undergraduate Education. In an effort to support each student during their transition to the U of M and on their path to graduation, Orientation & Transition Experiences offers high-quality, dynamic experiences that cultivate community and empower students to champion their own development and leverage campus resources. Please visit our website for more information https://ote.umn.edu/
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).PLEASE NOTE -
Years are expected to be full time, full time is counted as follows: student employment and graduate assistantship(s) at half time (1 year = 6 months). Please list all experience that applies given the above.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
Apply for JobJob ID354386
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , Assistant Director Operations, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
here to apply!