Supportive Housing Regional Manager
Company: Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Location-Metro Title: Supportive Housing Regional Manager Job
Description: - MACV invites qualified applicants to apply for the
Regional Supportive Housing Manager position to help ensure housing
stability and independence for Veterans who are living at MACV
properties. -The position will provide supervision and direction to
service delivery staff in three programs at MACV:
- Resident Services Coordination,
- Building 47
- -Transitional Housing. - The position will also be focused on
program development and evaluation, grant compliance, program
administration, and professional development for staff to ensure a
seamless service delivery for Veterans living in MACV properties in
coordination with MACV property management. Organization
Overview:Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans is dedicated to
a mission to ending Veteran homelessness in Minnesota. - This
position will join three full-time staff in the finance team for
the organization (CFO, Senior Finance and Accounting Administrator,
and Finance and Accounting Associate), and part-time contracted
controller-level services through CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA). -
MACV's team overall is comprised of approximately 100 total
employees throughout the state of Minnesota dedicated to providing
comprehensive services that support Veterans and their families on
their path to achieving housing stability. - This is a new position
to support recent and continuing organizational growth. MACV offers
a competitive benefits package that includes generous paid time
off, 12 holidays, paid parental leave, paid family and medical
leave, technology and wellness reimbursement programs, tuition
reimbursement, continued professional development support, and
more. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Supervise Staff
- Provide direction and leadership to ensure that services and
programs meet the needs for resident stability, advancement, and
- Monitor overall program delivery within three programs to
maintain consistency, coordination, and integration of services
with property management team.
- Identify, hire, and supervise appropriate personnel.
- Evaluate staff performance annually and on an ongoing basis.
Provide staff feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Work with staff to identify and advance professional
- Participate in MACV supervisor trainings and processes
- Hold staff meetings to discuss common issues, and problem-solve
- Provide coaching and training for staff working with
- Promote resident leadership and community building
- Serves as the main liaison with community partners and
neighbors of MACV properties. Program Development and Evaluation
- Serve as subject matter expert on Supportive Housing and
Resident Services Coordination, staying well-informed on research,
trends, evidence-based models, and best practices.
- Evaluate and enhance the Supportive Housing Services model,
including plans for assessment and ongoing case management with
- Develop and manage policies and procedures for Supportive
Housing Services to integrate smoothly and efficiently with broader
- Provide organizational capacity-building and leadership
- Lead program evaluation efforts and quality assurance.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in administrative duties
related to MACV Grants, documentation requirements, data entry
requirements into Salesforce, and financial requests on behalf of
- Review financial assistance transactions to ensure
documentation is in compliance with established funding
- Stay informed on changes to grants, policies and procedures,
and ensure that staff receive coaching and training to be current
and proficient in implementation.
- Monitor and review direct client expenses with staff for
clients in Expensify and salesforce.
- Work collaboratively with other MACV teams to ensure integrity
of documentation standards and financial accountability for
Veterans across a spectrum of services.
- Ensure that supportive housing programs documentation, data
privacy, and data entry functions and requirements are
- Prepare reports as requested.
- Host and train employees to host site tours and visits with
funders and community partners
- Respond to resident and team member complaints and conflicts in
a positive and timely manner.
- Represent MACV with local Continuums of Care
- Participate in external collaborations in the area of
Supportive Housing and ending Veteran homelessness.
- Maintain partnerships with local community partners such as the
VA, CVSO's, MDVA, Every Third Saturday, hotels, and GPD programs to
aid in staff and client collaboration.
- Participate in external and internal collaboration activities
to improve service delivery flow and efficiency.
- Conduct internal and external team training as necessary.
- Participate in the Homeless Veterans Registry.
- Monitor regular case conferences and case reviews to ensure
stakeholders in a Veterans care plan are aligned. Program
Administration Partnerships Team Participation MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field or at least
three years' experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of local social service programming and
- Two or more years of experience implementing human service
programs focused on ethnically, socially and/or economically
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities,
which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations,
national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious
affiliations, races, criminal backgrounds and languages.
- Experience utilizing MS Office and web-based programs.
- Provide proof of a current and valid driver's license issued in
the state of residency.
- Have or be willing to obtain adequate automobile
- Meet the company Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) criteria.
- Have a vehicle. - -PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, human services or similarly
- Knowledge and experience with supportive housing funding
streams including LTH, Section 8 and HUD VASH.
- Residential and/or clinical experience with persons
experiencing mental illness, chemical dependency, co-occurring
disorders, and homelessness.
- Knowledge of Veterans culture and Veterans benefits.
- De-escalation and crisis intervention skills. - PHYSICAL
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to file documents.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Ability to interact verbally with internal and external
audiences. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be willing and able to travel between sites.
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as
- Must be willing to carry a cell phone.
Keywords: Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans, St. Paul , Supportive Housing Regional Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!