Assistant Director Operations
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID352644
Job FamilyStudent Services
Employee ClassAcad Prof and Admin
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
Orientation & Transition Experiences centers collaboration and
team-based values in the work we do both internally and externally.
A primary function of OTE is the coordination and development of a
comprehensive Orientation and Welcome Week Programs, including all
related student leadership and training programs. The Assistant
Director of Operations is responsible for Salesforce, management of
operations for various programs and services provided by OTE as
well as front desk services and office management. This position
works closely with all OTE members to create workflows that center
efficiency, customer services and the mission and goals of OTE.
This position will report to the director of OTE.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. OTE Operations (45%)
- Manage day-to-day office operations including front desk
- Develop and train staff on front desk procedures, customer
services approaches, and documentation of student and parent
interactions through CRM case management system.
- Coordinate the scheduling and traveling needs for personnel
searches for the unit.
- Work with University departments and outside vendors to
purchase equipment, supplies, clothing/uniforms, software, and
- Assist with program check in processes and coordination.
- Develop and initiate operational procedures to meet program
goals and priorities for the success of OTE programs and services.
Examples include Parent Registration systems, check-in protocol,
Welcome Week Registration and Pre-Departure China Orientation.
- Provide oversight and project management of the International
Academic Enhancement fee, including but not limited to assessment,
financial tracking and document review along with partnerships in
International Student and Scholar Services. This work is led by the
Associate Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Initiatives and the
Assistant Dean and Director of International Student and Scholar
- Assist with planning and coordination of the biannual Student
Success Conference which is an experience offered on the Twin
Cities campus for staff and faculty delivered in coordination with
the Office for Student Affairs and the Office of Undergraduate
- Conduct analysis and make recommendations to improve
efficiencies and effectiveness of business operations to best align
overall area goals. Independently review and refine office
functions for maximum impact and efficiency.2. CRM Management &
Application Management (45%)
- Oversee Salesforce in conjunction with the director.
- Ensure OTE business needs are met through technology
- Liaison with campus partners such as housing to integrate data
- Develop and manage reports and data within Salesforce CRM for
use in OTE projects, programs, assessment, and targeted
- Facilitate and manage the development and implementation of
mobile applications (Gopher Transitions) and web-based technologies
(Transition Experience Hub/Salesforce Communities) to meet OTE's
programmatic and strategic needs.
- Create and maintain documentation regarding business practices
and technology systems.
- Assist with data analytics within the CRM Salesforce on OTE
program attendance to assist with retention initiatives.
- Manage parent and family registration in the CRM Salesforce
that includes: Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI
DSS) compliance through annual audits ensuring that required
documentation is meeting industry mandates3. Supervision (10%):
- Recruit, select, train, supervise and Office Assistants (4-6)
who work at the front desk.
- Execute performance review process for Office Assistants on
- Recruit, select, train, and supervise 12 Operations Crew
members that support OTE programs.
- Empower direct report to work directly with all OTE staff on
- Conduct regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Facilitate a collaborative work environment that fosters a team
environment with respect, inclusion and opportunity.
- Treat all personnel matters in confidence, with
professionalism, sensitivity and in a timely manner
- Develop, conduct and manage training and professional
development for direct reports.6) Other Duties as assigned.
* A BA/BS degree plus at least four years of relevant work
experience, or master's degree plus two years of relevant work
* In-depth understanding of student development and student
* Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively both orally
* Demonstrates the ability to manage details related to leader
schedules, programs logistics and training implementation.
* Commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence.
* Position requires work on evenings and weekends.
* Employment is contingent upon completion of background
verification with satisfactory results as required by law and
* A Master's degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel,
or other related areas.
* Two years previous experience in a higher education environment,
orientation programming, leadership development and training, or
experience in other related areas.
* Previous experience developing training and facilitating
leadership development workshops.
* Collaborative and diplomatic relationship style; promotes respect
and practice of civility and inclusivity in the workplace.
* Ability to work and communicate across organizational programs
* Previous supervisory experience of staff (student or
* Previous experience in orientation, transition and/or retention
* Previous experience coaching or mentoring individuals and
* Flexibility and adaptability to change.
* Ability to make data-driven decisions regarding programmatic
About the Department
Orientation & Transition Experiences (OTE) is a department within
the Office of Undergraduate Education. In an effort to support each
student during their transition to the U of M and on their path to
graduation, Orientation & Transition Experiences offers
high-quality, dynamic experiences that cultivate community and
empower students to champion their own development and leverage
Working at the University
At the University of Minnesota, you'll find a flexible work
environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in
lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to
invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of
work. This position has the Academic Professional and
Administrative (P&A) classification in the Student Services Job
Family Professional 3, is 100% time, 12-month annually renewable
appointment. This position is considered a strategic, mid-level
position. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a
substantial benefits package. Salary range is $50,000 - $55,000.The
University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the for more information regarding
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an
online application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , Assistant Director Operations, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!