Assistant Residence Director
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID347711
Job FamilyStudent Svcs-Residential Life
Employee ClassAcad Prof and Admin
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
The Assistant Residence Director is responsible for working with
the Residence Director in providing leadership and direction to a
comprehensive residential education program for an on-campus
residence hall and/or apartment community housing 600-900 students.
The Assistant Residence Director is responsible for working with
the Residence Director in implementing the department's residential
curriculum on Belonging for residents. This is a learning outcome
driven curriculum that focuses on three intentions: Community,
Identity, and Empowerment & Support. The Assistant Residence
Director assists with developing and maintaining an inclusive
residential environment that supports the overall development of
students and is supportive of the academic mission of the
University. The Assistant Residence Director also assists with the
educational, administrative, and operational functions associated
with the management of the residence hall and/or apartment
community. The Assistant Residence Director collaborates closely
with a building management team. The position reports directly to a
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
50% Residential Education/Residential Programs
* Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive
student development program that reflects the departmental
residential curriculum model for residents.
* Review, develop, and implement lesson plans to facilitate student
* Assist with the planning and implementation of academic- and
identity-related services and programs in collaboration with Living
Learning Community partners (where applicable).
* Assist with the administration of the student conduct system and
serve as a hearing officer for the residential system.
* Recruit, develop, and advise the student groups associated with
the residential community.
* Implement training and development initiatives to respective
student group leaders.
* Assist with developing and implementing student engagement and
student leadership initiatives within the residential
* Coordinate the recruitment of students for involvement in
centrally offered engagement and leadership opportunities within
* Lead the development and implementation of the residential
community's social media strategy.
* Assist in providing leadership to residential life committees
focused on educational initiatives.
* Assist with the development of the residential life strategic
plan, annual work plan, and provide input for the 10-Year Capital
* Review student satisfaction survey results and assist with
identifying and implementing strategies to address residential
community related concerns.
* Participate in the selection, supervision, training, and
evaluation of 18-26 Community Advisors.
* Develop and implement strategies to recruit, retain, and support
a diverse staff.
* Assist with the development and facilitation of weekly staff
meetings and intentional one-on-one meetings.
* Serve as a resource on University and departmental policies and
20% Residential Life Operations
* Assist with the development and implementation of safety
initiatives for the building and monitor effectiveness to ensure a
safe physical and psychological space.
* Meet regularly with the Residence Director to ensure financial
responsibility with the management of the student engagement and
staff engagement budgets (approximately $9,500 - $14,000).
* Serve as a member of the building management team, along with the
Residence Director, Business Operations Supervisor, Facilities
Operations Supervisor, and Dining Service Manager (where
* Provide direction and oversight of residential life operations in
the absence of the Residence Director.
* Provide support for summer operations within Housing &
* Provide leadership for special projects as assigned.
* Maintain an inviting office space and updated community displays
* Work collaboratively with staff from other university departments
to provide learning, services, support, and programs for the
* Work collaboratively with University Dining Services personnel to
support a high-quality residential dining program for students.
* Participate in recruitment and marketing activities in
conjunction with the Admissions Office and represent Housing &
Residential Life at various recruiting events and functions.
Work Environment: Work is performed mainly in an office
setting.Salary: $31,090.00 Plus 1 bedroom apartment & meal plan
* Bachelor's degree.
* Knowledge of housing operations on a college campus.
* Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion as a standard
practice in everyday work
* Demonstrate commitment to the educational potential of residence
* Skills in the following areas: communication/public speaking,
organization/planning, and administration.
* One year of housing leadership experience in a college or
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll
find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are
interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance,
allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your
life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the Office of Human Resources website for
more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an
online application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , Assistant Residence Director, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!