Campus Operations Manager 2 - Housing Operations
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID352981
Job FamilyCampus Operations
Employee ClassAcad Prof and Admin
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
The Coordinator of Housing Operations (CHO) is responsible for
providing direction, leadership and management of all operations
for 14 housing business offices and
information desks in nine residence halls, five apartments and
Housing & Residential Life's Central Office. The Coordinator is
responsible for developing and managing a $2M annual operating
budget and provides direct supervision to 10-11 Business Operations
Supervisors (BOS), a Housing Operations Specialist, and indirectly
to approximately 425 student employees. The CHO serves as a
critical communications liaison between students, Housing &
Residential Life staff, and various University departments. The
Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Operations.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
* Manage and oversee all business office and information desk
operations, policies, and procedures.
* Develop, revise and implement operational policies and procedures
as necessary to ensure high quality service and effectiveness.
* Develop and monitor annual business office and information desk
* Develop and implement the Housing Operations annual work plan,
assist with the development and implementation of Housing &
Residential Life's annual strategic plan, and provide input for the
Housing & Residential Life 10-Year Capital Plan.
* Maintain and update business office and information desk
operations manual(s) as necessary.
* Review and evaluate area business office and information desk
* Resolve business office and information desk operational needs
and ensure that equipment and supplies are operational and
adequately maintained in order to provide high quality service.
* Develop and implement comprehensive student staffing,
recruitment/hiring, and training plans for all residence hall and
apartment information desk staff.
* Manage all computer access requests for business office and
information desk staff.
* Serve as the backup administrator of the Housing Occupancy
Management System (currently RMS - Residential Management
* Complete quarterly and annual reports for areas of
* Provide backup for the Coordinator of Assignments & Billing.
* Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director,
Administrative Services & Operations.
Supervision & Staff Support (35%)
* Select, train, supervise, evaluate and develop 10-11 Business
Operations Supervisors and 1 Housing Operations Specialist.
* Develop performance plans/objectives for all direct reports.
* Conduct annual mid-year and year-end performance reviews for all
* Review Employee Engagement Survey results for the Housing
Operations area and develop action plans to improve employee
engagement based of survey results.
* Coordinate the recruitment and selection of professional staff
within the Housing Operations unit.
* Provide leadership and direction regarding student and
non-student employment concerns.
* Conduct and lead bi-weekly staff meetings with all Business
Operations Supervisors and the Principal Administrative Office
* Conduct bi-weekly individual meetings with all direct
* Provide opportunities for staff to assist with developing and
evaluating HRL policies and procedures
* Provide direction and training to Business Office Supervisors and
the Housing Operations Specialist with the student staff hiring
process; interviewing processes; review of employee standards,
qualifications, and compliance requirements; submission of
hiring/termination paperwork; and bi-weekly payroll
* Provide direction and support to Business Operations Supervisors
and the Housing Operations Specialist in areas of supervision,
training and the employee discipline process for student staff.
* Design, coordinate and implement training and development
programs for full-time staff and student staff.
Customer Experience Management (20%)
* Serve as the Housing & Residential Life Application Administrator
for the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
* Provide training for all Housing and Residential Life staff
required to use the CRM.
* Review, analyze and create action plans for business office and
information desk operations based on student satisfaction surveys
and other student/customer feedback.
* Conduct student/customer focus groups and develop/implement new
customer service feedback tools in order to identify service
* Develop consistent business office and information desk
operations through supervision, communication, coordination, and
* Collect and analyze data related to customer interactions,
quality of service, and operational/customer service
* Develop and implement new practices, policies, and procedures to
improve business office and desk operations.
* Provide customer service training opportunities for Business
Operations Supervisors and the Principal Office and Administrative
* Respond to and resolve customer service concerns and problems
with business office and information desk operations/service.
* Serve as a central point of contact for residents and staff who
experience issues or express concerns with the products or services
of established sponsorship partners.
* Coordinate the housing tour room process within the residence
halls and apartments in collaboration with the Admissions
* Collaborate with various functional areas of housing to provide
solutions, assistance, and follow-up to students, parents, staff,
faculty, and administrators.
Department Liaison/Outreach (10%)
* Maintain positive relationships and partnerships by conducting
and leading meetings with the following Housing & Residential Life
o Residential Life Management staff (monthly meeting)
o Information Technology staff (monthly meeting)
o Conference & Event Services staff (biweekly meeting)
o Contracts, Assignments and Billing staff (biweekly meeting)
o Communications & Marketing staff (monthly meeting)
o Finance staff (monthly meeting)
* Serve as the primary liaison between key external
departments/organizations toinclude, but not limited to, the
following departments/organizations: Admissions, University
Services Payroll, USPS, US Census Bureau.
* Assist with presentations to prospective and incoming
students.Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $73,551 - $76,000
* Requires a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 8 years
* Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, College
Student Personnel, Business Administration or other related
academic discipline preferred.
* Experience working in university housing.
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll
find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are
interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance,
allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your
life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the Office of Human Resources website for
more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an
online application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , Campus Operations Manager 2 - Housing Operations, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!