District Admin Manager
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID353517
Employee ClassCivil Service
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
50% District Operations
- Manages the FM District administrative office operations by
directing and facilitating the day-to-day functions of the office
to ensure smooth operation. Participates as an active member of the
FM wide District administrative team.
- Develops District administrative procedures through analysis
and in collaboration with other District Administrative Managers to
ensure consistency and efficient operations.
- Serves as the district liaison for vendors, employees and
University departments by utilizing knowledge of organizational and
operational policies and practices for facilities related
- Triage and manage district requests, escalate to District
Leader as appropriate and disperse majority to FM management.
- Compiles District data, reporting requirements, and processes,
including monthly and annual departmental reports. Manages the
collection and compilation of business data including metrics and
- Contributes in establishing departmental goals, objectives,
systems and processes that help capture opportunities for increased
service delivery and efficiencies by acting as a member of the
District management team. Analyzes current business processes and
makes recommendations to improve systems, methods and practices.
Implements standard operating procedures for office administration;
develops manuals to document established procedures, protocols and
- Manages District-wide space utilization and procurement -
approves and facilitates requests.
- Provides supervision and direction to student support
- Develops and manages processes to ensure needs for
administrative support services for 2nd and 3rd shifts supervisors
and managers are delivered.
- Manages District-wide calendar and plans/organizes District
meetings and events.20% Financial Duties
- Manages District administrative budget through data collection,
expense reconciliation, review and monitoring.
- Establishes annual purchase orders and authorizes billings for
office equipment, chiller operations, fire extinguisher contracts
and other District services.
- Works directly with vendors to reconcile billing and negotiates
adjustments as necessary.
- Serves as District purchasing card coordinator, facilitates and
manage payment reports for District cardholders.
- Responds to inquiries regarding billing, invoicing, purchasing,
and cost allocations. Human Resources Duties
- Provides District orientation information and resources to
assist in onboarding of new staff.
- Manages district wide requirements for employee handbooks
signatures and essential employee notifications.
- Works with FM supervisory staff30% Operational Duties
- Manages District vehicle fleet including contract
administration, cost allocation, maintenance, and required driver's
training; coordinates with Fleet Services to address contractual or
- Oversees contracts with Parking Services and tracks usage of
Official Vehicle, Loading Dock, Vendor Visitor and other authorized
parking access hangtags.
- Establishes and explains policies and procedures related to
processing work orders, requesting work to be completed, obtaining
building permits, and initiating projects.
- Utilizes computer software including Microsoft Office suite
(Word Excel) and management reporting systems (i.e. COMPASS, FCA)
to maintain data and generate reports.
- Addresses customer inquiries regarding facilities and
operations, work orders and projects.
- Serves as contributing member to special projects and team
- Manages key and card access for district personnel
- Manages mobile phones for District staffThis job may be
designated as essentialThe employr retains the right to change or
assign other duties to this position
Minimum Qualifications: BA/BS with at least two years of experience
or a combination of related education and professional level
administrative experience to total six years.
Preferred: Experience preferably in a facilities or property
management environment. One year of supervisory experience is
Demonstrated knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player in a
fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Self-starter comfortable with high degree of independent
judgment who takes initiative to obtain results
- Skill in interpreting and analyzing application of policies,
rules, and contract provisions
- Skill in developing business or operational reports that convey
financial, personnel or performance data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive
- Demonstrated ability to serve a broad, diverse customer and
- Customer service orientation with well-developed oral skills
and strong written aptitude
- Strong computer proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing
and database software
- Office administration and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of facilities management/operations
environment.Regular attendance is an essential qualification for
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll
find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are
interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance,
allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your
life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the Office of Human Resources website for
more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an
online application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , District Admin Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!