Company: Legrand AV Inc
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the team at
Legrand!GENERAL PURPOSEManage all aspects of an existing product
category to maximize identified product sales to worldwide markets
while meeting profit objectives. Work closely with customers and
lead cross-functional teams to research, conceive, design, develop
and deliver products that create excitement and value for global
customers and grow profitable business opportunities, both for
Legrand AV and its customers.DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILTIES
- Meet with customers and internal business teams to understand
key business opportunities, as well as work closely with
engineering to build solutions for these opportunities.
- Create and articulate the vision for new products within
established product lines by identifying superior customer value,
technological advantages, or patent opportunities.
- Be the product expert and champion for assigned
- Research new global markets and products and help define market
and generate business cases for new initiatives.
- Prioritize product opportunities based on objective criteria
- Capture, quantify, analyze and communicate product and market
behaviors to influence future development efforts.
- Uncover customers' insights and drive innovation by guiding
product development efforts.
- Work with Marketing to develop ongoing marketing plans and
strategies for new and existing products.
- Support sales team in launching new products, markets, and
channels by conducting product training and developing promotion
strategies. Monitor and give guidance to sales for target-market
- Establish, implement and control ongoing global pricing
- Meet product sales profitability objectives and relentlessly
work to improve margin performance.
- Evangelize new products both to internal and external customers
during customer calls, trade shows and other showcase
- Support the Global Supply Chain in meeting inventory management
objectives and assist in addressing sourcing challenges.
- Track competitive products and prepare appropriate competitive
strategies to capture additional market share.
- Develop and maintain multi-year product plan designed to
achieve Company growth goals.
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively
prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate
in Safety Programs, initiatives, and investigations.
- Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer
Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment
and Continuous Improvement.JOB REQUIREMENTSEssential Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent collaborative interpersonal skills, ability to work
effectively across the organization and within a team of diverse
- Exceptional project management and planning skills, while
providing high attention to details.
- Strong balance of both analytical and creative thinking to
uncover, measure, create and communicate extraordinary
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral presentation and written
communication skills to interact with internal contacts and outside
customers and prospects; professional presence and behavior.
- Experience and ability to drive innovation through product
- Proven ability to build solid customer relationships;
demonstrated ability to be customer focused and responsive to
questions and needs in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management
and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or
- Proven ability to train and motivate employees at all levels,
as well as delegate and follow-through effectively.
- Must possess high degree of professionalism and ability to
handle confidential information.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively
resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent
with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or
- Ability to work in a team environment, and leverage additional
resources as needed.
- Computer literate (MS Office, e-mail, etc.), especially
Excel.Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, engineering or related
technical degree with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in
technical product marketing; or combination of relevant education
and experience.Special Job Requirements:
- Requires frequent availability and communication during
non-standard business hours to communicate with global team
- Must be available for international travel.Preferred
- Experience with and passion for innovative activities and
mindsets such as Design Thinking.
- Previous work experience in areas relevant to the assigned
- International experience.
- Previous intellectual property (patent, trademark)
- MBA or equivalent.WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to make coordinated movements of the fingers for
using a keyboard.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for tradeshow set-up
- General office environment.
- May require regular ground travel.
- Long-distance or air travel (including international) - up to
25%.Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time.Legrand AV is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You
will be considered for this position based upon your experience and
education, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or
veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a
workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination
or harassment.If you'd like to work in a fun, creative,
business-casual environment that offers a comprehensive benefit
package, we encourage you to apply! Legrand is an equal employment
opportunity employer.For California residents, please see the link
for the Privacy Notice for Candidates. California law requires that
we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your
Keywords: Legrand AV Inc, St. Paul , Product Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!