Senior Brand Manager, Liqueurs & Cordials
Company: Phillips Distilling Company (PDC)
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 25, 2022
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:Since 1912, Phillips
Distilling Company (PDC) has produced high-quality spirits and
popular brands. As one of America's oldest family-owned spirits
companies, we pride ourselves on our independent spirit and our
commitment to innovation, quality, and community. This position is
an opportunity to be part of a movement where you will be the
steward of an amazing portfolio of Phillips brands. Our passion for
quality and craft is evident in our expansive and diverse portfolio
of premium brands.Phillips Distilling Company is currently inviting
candidates to apply for a full-time Senior Brand Manager
opportunity. The candidate selected for this role will enjoy
competitive compensation, annual bonus potential, development
opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package!Senior Brand
Manager, Liqueurs & Cordials
The Senior Brand Manager role provides a significant opportunity
for leadership and ownership as the incumbent will be responsible
for proactively identifying growth opportunities for current brands
as well as leading the development of innovation for assigned
brands to deliver annual business targets (volume, net sales,
profit).Liqueurs & Cordials are a strategic focus category for PDC,
and this role represents an exciting opportunity to manage a
portfolio of key brands, including Kamora, Leroux, Sour Puss, and
the flagship Phillips brand.Phillips Distilling Company is looking
for a consumer-focused marketer with an entrepreneurial spirit who
is passionate about the drinks industry and wants to lead PDC
towards our Plan for GrowthFLSA STATUS: -Exempt
REPORTS TO: -Director, Brand Marketing
OVERSEES: Assistant Brand Manager
PARTNERS WITH: -
Internal: -Customer Marketing Team, Division and Regional Sales
Directors, New Product Development
External: Designated agencies and wholesaler partners
- Strategic Planning: Own and deliver the annual operating plans.
Lead the development of brand strategy, partnering with internal
and external stakeholders including agencies to deliver
breakthrough consumer initiatives and customer programs.
- Innovation: Develop continuous short- and long-term innovation
pipeline for existing and new to world brands. Manage concept to
commercialization for all approved projects.
- Insights: Continuously monitor, analyze, and report consumer,
competitive, category, customer, and channel activities to uncover
insights that lead to actionable opportunities for the
- Business Analysis: Responsible for the management and delivery
of the brand(s) P&L. Work with Analytics and Finance teams to
measure and analyze sales impact, wholesaler execution and the
profitability/ROI of marketing expenditures.
- Communication: Maintain constant and concise communication with
Field Sales and Operations as it relates to ongoing projects and
programs. Develop communications for upper management pertaining to
marketing updates, budget recaps, and program evaluations. Develop
presentations for key internal and external meetings.
- Stewardship: Be an ongoing ambassador for the Company and its
brands. Consistently support Company values.Key Success Factors
- Results oriented and must have demonstrated creativity through
- Solid experience in strategy/brand development.
- Experience leading the annual brand planning process.
- Strong financial acumen and business analysis capabilities with
an aptitude for turning data and information into actionable
- Project management experience and the ability to identify and
champion new business and brand building ideas. Committed to
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills across
all functions within the organization. Ability to communicate and
influence key internal and external stakeholders to action ideas,
strategies, and plans.
- People leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to
- One Team mentality with a commitment to personifying the PDC
Core Behaviors - "Be All In," "Seek to Understand," "Find a Way,"
"Have a Bias for Action," "Continuous Learning," "Celebrate
Success."Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field; MBA
- Between 8-12 years of marketing experience and 5-8 years of
traditional brand management experience within the alcohol beverage
or CPG industry.
- Budget and project management experience.
- Product development and commercialization experience.
- Strong writing, presentation, and verbal communication
- Experience managing agency partner relationships.
- Self-motivated with the ability, and initiative, to actively
learn and adapt in a growing organization.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced, mid-size
company environment; including multi-tasking, prioritizing multiple
projects, and resource allocation
- Ability to travel +/- 25%; attendance at evening and weekend
work events, may be required.
- Valid driver's license.Physical Requirements and Environmental
Work is performed primarily in an office setting (company site or
home office). This position requires the ability to sit and use a
computer for extended periods of time, including the dexterity to
frequently type on a keyboard.Other Considerations:
The intent of this job description is not to state or imply that
the duties listed are the only duties that will be performed.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and perform any other job-related duties as requested
by management. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change,
or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without
notice.Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
without compromising essential business functions.Phillips
Distilling Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to
creating an inclusive and diverse workforce. We consider all
qualified individuals for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other
Keywords: Phillips Distilling Company (PDC), St. Paul , Senior Brand Manager, Liqueurs & Cordials, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!