Company: Minnesota Department or Revenue
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Job Class: Revenue Assistant Director 1*
*Working Title: Assistant Director*
* *Job ID: *60077
* *Location: *St. Paul
* *Full/Part Time: *Full-Time
* *Regular/Temporary: *Unlimited
* *Who May Apply*: Open to all qualified job seekers
* *Date Posted*: 10/25/2022
* *Closing Date*: 11/14/2022
* *Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit*: Revenue Dept /
* *Division/Unit*: Tax Operations Division / Tax Operations
* *Work Shift/Work Hours*: Day Shift (FT Telework, Hybrid Telework
arrangement, or FT in the office)
* *Days of Work*: Monday - Friday
* *Travel Required*: No
* *Salary Range: *$39.35 - $56.61/hourly; $82,162 -
* *Classified Status*: Classified
* *Bargaining Unit/Union*: 220 - Manager/Unrep
* *FLSA Status*: Exempt - Executive
* Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Looking for a challenging public service position with an
opportunity to serve Minnesota's entire tax base? Want to help lead
a dedicated, talented, and diverse team of more than 300 talented
employees to deliver extraordinary service? This may be the
opportunity for you!
The Tax Operations division processes tax returns and payments. In
this division, there are 17 unites, each of which have focused
areas of specialty. This position provides leadership, management,
and oversight for the Tax Operations Division at the Minnesota
Department of Revenue. This position will assist the Director
* Managing the day-to-day operations of the division.
* Negotiating and meeting service levels and needs.
* Developing and managing people, processes, and technology
ensuring efficient and effective use of resources.
* Guiding the development of audit and production programs that
strive for the agency's mission, vision, values, and
* Driving customer service excellence through innovation ensuring
all of our customers have the information and resources they need
to file and pay their taxes.
* Managing and coordinating operational policy development and
* Creating a culture of inclusion, innovation, and pride in public
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet one of the
* Four (4) years of managerial or supervisory experience that
includes managing/supervising professional level employees; OR
* Bachelor's degree in business management, finance, accounting,
public administration, or related field plus three (3) years of
experience as described above; OR
* Master's degree as described above plus two (2) years of
experience as described above.
Applicants who meet the above experience requirements will be
further evaluated based on the following:
* Experience managing the performance of diverse individuals and
* Knowledge, skills, and abilities in the principles of leadership
sufficient to effectively hire, lead, motivate, develop, foster
teamwork, assign work, evaluate, discipline, reward, and manage
* Ability to build collaborative relationships and to
influence/negotiate positive outcomes with diverse internal and
* Experience with managing large scale operational processing,
including inventory management, forecasting, reporting, data
analysis, and process improvement methodologies.
* Experience with customer service and communications; delivering
extraordinary service to diverse customers.
* Experience balancing resources, including people, process, and
technology changes to support integrated business system
* Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
* Ability to work under pressure, effectively manage time, and
demonstrate strong organizational skills.
* Experience in process improvement, change management, operations
management, and building teams in a highly diverse work
It's a bonus if you possess these preferred qualifications! Tell us
about them in your cover letter and resume.
* Experience with audit and/or enforcement of tax laws.
* Experience leading in a results-based, production
* Experience in policy analysis.
* Experience planning, organizing, and managing the daily
activities and projects for a large number of employees.
* Experience working with union contracts and plans.
* Experience delivering presentations before public and
Requires occasional moving of articles such as boxes, accounting
records, laptop computer, and portable printer.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Prior to an offer of employment, a background check will be
conducted. This will include, but is not limited to checking
degrees and licensures, criminal history, and tax filing and
payment history. All individual income tax filing and payment
obligations must be current prior to offer of employment for this
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without
sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g.,
*Why Work For Us*
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a
comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and
dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term
disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan,
tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11
paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us
create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of
Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to
embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our
workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates,
increasing cultural competence and understanding among all
employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that
prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take
them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based
on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital
status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership
or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, or age.
*How to Apply*
Apply at the State of Minnesota careers page. If you have questions
about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at
For additional information about the application process, go to
*AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER*
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action,
and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing
culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of
Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and
strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with
disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants
with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who
needs assistance or cannot access the online job application
system, please contact the job information line at _651-259-3637_.
Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $39.35 - $56.61 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Minnesota Department or Revenue, St. Paul , Assistant Director, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!