SAC Site Director
Company: YMCA of the USA
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: September 25, 2022
1. Job Summary:
The School Aged Child Care Site Director is responsible for the
overall management and supervision of the school age child care
site and will plan, lead, and evaluate group experiences. This
position operates at a specific school age site. The incumbent
provides high quality recreational experiences for children that
focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility,
2. Essential Functions:
- Plan, develop, supervise, and implement the program activities
at the site.
- Manage curriculum planning for the site.
- Develop and distribute parent communications.
- Assist with the promotion of the Branch and school age child
care programs to the community.
- Make ongoing systematic observations and evaluations of each
- Obtain and update all registrations, contracts, release forms,
and emergency forms that pertain to administration of the school
age child program at the site.
- Maintain required program records such as attendance, daily
schedules, and rosters.
- Manage site budget.
- May hire and supervise staff.
- Maintain CACFP and Minnesota Department of Health Licensing for
meals and snacks, if applicable.
This position reports to the Senior School Aged Child Care Program
Coordinator/Program Director. The incumbent interacts with
participants, parents, staff, school employees, and the community.
The incumbent will have regular contact with children and parents
of diverse backgrounds.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous experience working in a
professional child care or school aged program.
- Education in child development, child guidance, human
relations, or recreational programs and/or equivalent
- Excellent skills in planning activities for various ages, staff
supervision and development, communication, organization, and human
- Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED
Certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- Commitment to working with school age children in a
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Degree in education or recreation.
- Minimum of one (1) year of previous supervisory experience.
- Must be able to actively participate in youth games/activities
which include getting in the water during swimming.
- Ability to travel locally to YMCA branches and other program
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including moving
around, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in
- Must be able to remain alert in warm to hot environment for
prolonged period which may include indoor pool, outdoor activities,
bus rides, etc...
- May provide children with assistance in dealing with issues
such as personal hygiene, medical needs, toileting, lifting,
writing, feeding, and getting in or out of transportation.
- May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions or bodily
fluids as part of the child care environment.
6. Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the position
but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also
responsible for taking direction from branch representatives in
completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the
branch or Association success.
Keywords: YMCA of the USA, St. Paul , SAC Site Director, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!