Human Resources Manager
Company: Luther Seminary
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: September 21, 2022
The Human Resources Manager reports to the CHRO/VP of People &
Culture and is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, wellness
initiatives, all employee status changes, and benefits
II. KEY RESULT AREAS
Recruitment - 35%
1. Manages the talent acquisition process, to include recruitment,
interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly
for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with
departmental managers to understand skills and competencies
required for openings.
2. Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting
methods and strategies based on the role, industry standards, and
the needs of the organization.
3. Collaborate with the hiring manager and/or other human resource
staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary
ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
4. Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting
5. Analyze data and statistics for trends and patterns with
attention to recruitment, hiring practices, motivation, turnover,
and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
6. Prepares reports of data results, presenting and explaining
findings to senior leadership.
7. Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that
provide internal development for employees.
Orientation/Onboarding - 35%
1. Conducting new hire orientation regarding benefits,
2. Open enrollment process, including distribution of benefit
3. The development and distribution of communications regarding
benefits, surveys, etc.
4. Oversees maintenance of accurate and complete personnel records.
Ensures that rules concerning confidentiality and retention are
Wellness - 20%
1. Designs, plans, and implements classes, speakers, seminars,
personal training, and voluntary fitness assessments to promote
2. Assist employees with personal concerns and assessments;
provides recommendations and referrals for counseling, crisis
intervention, and treatment.
3. Drafts and maintains accurate, confidential records and reports
as required to track and assess employee participation, program
incentives, costs, and benefits to the company.
4. Drafts reports and proposals for wellness initiatives and action
plans (including cost-benefit analyses) for presentation to upper
5. Assists with preparation and implementation of wellness budget,
policies, and procedures.
Administration - 10%
1. May guide and/or assist with performance, benefit, and
compensation review and evaluation processes.
2. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of data in the
3. Committee & Team Meetings
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
A. Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer
B. Supervises HR/Payroll Coordinator
C. Internal relationships with: Staff and faculty; Senior Managers
D. External relationships with HRIS Vendor, Other 3rd party
E. Serves on Employee Engagement Taskforce, CONVERGE Committee A.
Commitment to Luther Seminary's Mission, Vision, and Welcome
Statement. We are a Gospel-centered fully accredited Graduate
School that prepares Christian ministers for the Church and
B. Education and experience:
1. Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business
Administration, Industrial Psychology, or related field required,
from an accredited college or university, or at least 5-7 years'
experience in Human Resources in a generalist role
2. Minimum of 3-5 years' experience (besides education
requirements) in Human Resources with responsibility for benefits
administration (employee enrollment, input in the design of the
benefit package, vendor payment/invoice auditing), payroll support,
time off administration and, maintaining a HRIS (including the
development of management reports).
3. PHR or SHRM-CP certification strongly preferred.
C. KSA - knowledge, skills, and abilities
1. Payroll/Human Resource Information Systems, including data
capturing and development of management reports. Preference for
2. Demonstrated knowledge of Excel, basic statistics and the
application of mathematical principals
3. Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for
recruitment for a variety of roles.
4. Skills required in the following areas:
o Communication Skills: Informing, Listening, Presenting,
o Decision-making Skills: Analyzing, Fact Finding, Systemic
Thinking, Judgment, Problem Solving
o Personal Initiative Skills: Organizational Awareness,
Contributing to a Positive Work Environment, Proactivity, Striving
Excellence Personal and Professional Development
o Planning Skills: Action Planning and Organizing, Monitoring,
Project Management, Recruitment, Time Management
o Quality Skills: Implement quality improvements, Using Meaningful
o Relationship Skills: Relationship Building, Teamwork
o Safety, Health and Environment Skills: Fostering Organizational
Wellness, Supporting a Safe Environment
5. Knowledge of ELCA is helpful.
6. Familiarity with religious nonprofits is also helpful.
1. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
2. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds. PI187140955
Keywords: Luther Seminary, St. Paul , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!