Company: Horton, Inc
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Job ID: 2022-2778
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 2
Horton, Inc., has an opening for a Category Manager to work at our
Corporate Headquarters in Roseville, MN. Company
Information:Horton, Inc., is a family owned, leading provider of
engine cooling solutions worldwide. Horton is a global organization
with employees and representatives in the U.S.A, Canada, Mexico,
Germany, China, and more! We offer our employees great potential
for personal and professional growth; competitive salary and
benefit packages, including PTO, Company Paid Holidays, 401K,
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life,
AD&D, STD, LTD, LTC, Education Assistance, and a dynamic work
environment. Position Summary: The Category Manager role will be
responsible for supplier selection, contract and price
negotiations, supplier and service provider performance management,
and problem resolutions. You will be responsible for developing,
implementing and executing procurement strategies that optimizes
the business forward. It is a great opportunity if you consider
yourself to be a "clear thinker" that puts forth strategy and
executes. Is this you? If so, you will not want to miss this
Category Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of the supply base and strategic
corporate initiatives, which includes:
- Identifies, selects, develops and monitors suppliers to reach
the highest level of quality, cost and availability of materials,
products and services.
- As the market expert, designs and executes long term strategies
for the assigned categories to meet the company's growth and
- Supports the Engineering team in New Product Development and
- Supports the Operations team in resolution of fulfilment,
logistics or quality issues.
- Actively manages the suppliers to secure and improve their
- Supports the Projects and Ops team during the launch of new
- Participates in company-wide and cross-functional continuous
Category Manager Qualifications:
- This position requires requires a bachelor's degree.
- 2 - 5 + years' work experience desired in purchasing / supply
- Ability to travel nights away up to 20% including International
travel as allowed.
- Experience in Power Electronics preferred but not required Must
be able to show legal authorization to work in the United States.
No Visa sponsorship provided. Relocation allowance may be provided
if the individual has all of the necessary qualifications. We offer
a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, qualified
candidates should log onto https://careers-horton.icims.com. EOE.
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
For more information on Horton, Inc. please visit our web site at
www.hortonww.com. No recruiters and no phone calls, please. VEVRAA
contractor/subcontractor Requesting Priority Referral of Protected
Keywords: Horton, Inc, St. Paul , Category Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!