Data Management Specialist - Hybrid
Company: CHS Inc
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 7, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
agriculture. Summary CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Finance
Data Management and Governance group. We are looking for an Data
Management Specialist, Senior to support our business areas to
provide stewardship for master data by enforcing the global data
governance design for Customer and Vendor master data. You will be
responsible for reviewing and processing data requests for validity
and accuracy ensuring data quality and data standards are
maintained. You must have excellent communication skills, both
verbal and written, strong attention to detail and the ability to
work independently and collaboratively with all CHS business areas.
Please note: - This is not an IT job but rather a data process and
governance role for someone with strong business acumen, analytical
skills, and data-savvy. This position is hybrid, meaning it will be
on-site two days a week at our Inver Grove Heights location.
- Manage ongoing queue of requests from CHS business areas for
Customer and Vendor accounts ensuring that all requests are valid,
accurate and completed within service level agreements.
- Investigate and resolve data incidents in a timely manner that
supports service level agreements.
- Manage and execute data cleansing projects in coordination with
enterprise data stewards and data specialists to ensure the highest
quality data is maintained
- Identify process inefficiencies and the underlying root causes
and recommend solutions.
- Effectively communicate with data stewards, data specialists,
and IT System support teams to resolve data management conflicts
and escalate issues to management on a timely basis.
- Create and maintain training materials and work instructions to
ensure information is current and effective for end-users.
- Communicate and train data specialists on master data
standards, definitions, processes, and data governance tools.
- Participate in the decision-making process to enable and
optimize data management and governance processes and data quality
- Collaborate with others across the organization to discover and
implement process improvements.
- Assist in data migration cleansing and validation
- Maintain department manual to accurately reflect all current
data management and governance processes & procedures.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience may offset degree
- 2 plus years of experience to include master data process &
technology, data governance principles, or business-related process
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
(Excel, Word, Access, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook) Additional
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems
- Ag Business knowledge
- General knowledge of data governance principles and business
processes (independent of the system aspect) CHS offers a
competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health,
Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care
Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension,
Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition
reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.CHS is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: CHS Inc, St. Paul , Data Management Specialist - Hybrid, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!